Pod Your Reef

Hidding six-line wrasse????

lwfjester

Hey all, me again.

Bought a six-line for my 12 gallon nanocube yesterday, and its been hidding for the last two days. I've seen it come out from hidding twice, but as soon as it sees me or my wife, it darts and hides under one of the live rock. Neither it nor my Banggai would eat flake food last night (fed the Banggai brine while I was acclimating the six-line so there wouldn't be a chance for nipping). Tonight I took a little plastic syringe and shot both mysis and brine right in front of where the six-line was hidding, and he wouldn't eat (the banggai ate like a hog). From this forum I thought the six-lines were these lovable, out going, balls of energy, but so far I'm dissapointed. I don't see any signs of disease and the rest of my crabs/snail and cardinal all seem fine.

Any ideas?????

BoboB)

i recently picked up a 6 line myself. i unforunately had the same results and after 2days of not seeing him i relized he was stuck in a crevice i had to break away the rock so he could get out. he's all damaged and mangled now, how ever he's holding on it looks like.... 6lines usually either dont give ###### and just are all over the place or.... they go into hiding for a little while and will eventually start coming out and swimming around like no body's business.... give him time.... they arent the best shippers and stress out pretty easily. if its not eating after a week then i'd start worrying.... just giev it sometime. i am in hopes mine will make it.....

best of luck w/ him...

Archived