Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

r/o water?

burrito

It’s not RO, but if you are looking for water you can buy from a retail store, a lot of people buy Wal-Mart distilled (purple cap) water. I’ve used it in a pinch, but I normally buy RO/DI from my LFS.

In NJ the water at wal mart is in a green labled gallon jug. It says drinking water on it, and says RO on the lable. It is all I have ever used.

What do you mean by "NOT IN COPPER tubing" and how can you tell? And how much does it cost around roughly for distilled water at wal mart? Thanks. And how much does it cost to get ro/di water in lfs? Thanks.

My LFS charges 50 cents a gallon for their RO/DI water. I think that Wal-Mart distilled costs just a little more.

The only way to make sure that there is no copper in distilled water is to test it. Also, make sure that your water has no additives. I’ve used the RO refill stations before, but I kept getting water with high nitrates in it (maybe they needed to change their filters); test your water from any RO system (including your LFS).

Be careful with the brand name RO waters. Disani for instance stats on the label it is purified by RO but they add minerals back in it since the RO process strips the water of them. Pure RO water is actually not that healthy for you because it lacks the minerals your body needs. I assume that is why they replace them in thier water.

Archived