SaltCritters.com

BoostLED Mu135 Review

Banjo

I purchased a BoostLED Mu135 LED fixture a few weeks ago and here are my impressions:

I'm impressed with the output of the light itself and the build quality. It looks to be very well built with plenty of vents and fans in order to keep the unit cooled.

The Mu135 throws out a ton of light. A huge upgrade over my prior NEP 20" T5 system. The color of the light I'd say is a little more blue/purple than a 14k MH. I love the overall color and the pictures below should give an accurate representation. I feel the color of the system gives a nice balance between the various color spectrums. I have everything from deep reds and purples to lime greens in my aquarium. All of the colors look fantastic.

The price is a big selling point. I got the light for $350 and at that price I would say it's a steal. It's worth it at the regular retail of $400 as well. The companies communication was excellent as well. I've sent probably 20 emails or so back and forth and John has been happy to answer all of my questions in a very timely manner.

So far, I am happy with my purchase. I wouldn't hesitate from buying from Boost again in the future.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Looks great!

I just wish there was some way to mount the fixture other than hanging it. This won't work with the wife (gotta keep her happy, LOL)!

gulfsurfer101

Beautiful tank man. Boostled is outstanding when it comes to customer service. Any body looking at getting any boostled products will not be dissapointed.

Looks great!

I just wish there was some way to mount the fixture other than hanging it. This won't work with the wife (gotta keep her happy, LOL)!

Check out my thread. My wife, nor I wanted them hanging in our living room, so I made a fixture with legs.

Looks great!

I agree with basser on this one. I think if the units had legs and sat down on the tanks it would look a lot better. Yours looks a lot better than some banjo. I've seen these units what looks to be about three feet off the aquarium and to me it just doesn't look as good as if it sat on maybe four inch legs right on the tank. But it sure makes your tank look great banjo...can't argue with that. If these units were dimmable, boost would probably never be able to keep up with demand.

Wow, beautiful tank! Sweet light too!

Thank you!

Looks great!

Yeah, that was a pretty big drawback for me as well. But in the end I'm happy I went with a hanging/mounted light. It definitely makes for a more exquisite look to your overall aquarium.

Beautiful tank man. Boostled is outstanding when it comes to customer service. Any body looking at getting any boostled products will not be dissapointed.

Thanks!

I agree with basser on this one. I think if the units had legs and sat down on the tanks it would look a lot better. Yours looks a lot better than some banjo. I've seen these units what looks to be about three feet off the aquarium and to me it just doesn't look as good as if it sat on maybe four inch legs right on the tank. But it sure makes your tank look great banjo...can't argue with that. If these units were dimmable, boost would probably never be able to keep up with demand.

Haha, thanks! And yeah I agree. They have to be hung right.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks great!

Yeah the whole "cant remove the hanging mounts" kills the deal for me also...

it makes no sense to not be able to add or remove hanging mounts when you want to (i have yet to see this design flaw in any kind of lighting fixture being MH, PC, T5...etc...I'm not Trying to DYI anything that cost me $400...just stupid in my opinion...

Archived