Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RARE macros

SbCaes

does anyone have any surviving macros from johns old "rare and weird" macro thread?

edit: weetie? any of that yellow stuff make it?

johnmaloney

i do. ;) I will ship some, only the nemastoma, the stypodium zonale and the sciania have any track record of success and not much of one. Not sure if you will get the nemastoma.....will have to see. All will be difficult to keep, dont hold it against me if things die, they are finicky and like to go sexual. The yellow thing was the stypodium, I would like to see Halymenia elongata take hold for awhile.

I have galaxia rugosa, nemastoma, ochtodes, and a couple unidentifieds, as well as all the more common ones that I will post pics of as soon as I can get good pictures of them. One of my macros looks very similar to the freshwater plant cabomba, and it's purplish-red in coloring. I'd love to know what it is.

I would definitely be willing to trade for any of the rarer macros that I don't have, so feel to free to ask.

sbcaes- HOOK IT UP

hey key- what kind of nemastoma ya got? any photos?

also is anyone willing to ship john maloney a ton of crap for me? basically receive shipment of said macros from hawaii. and let it rest a few days. then ship back out to him? i know for a fact going from HI- FLA is gonna be rough so id rather go HI/CA/ FLA if possible. obviously you get to keep some of it. but yeah whos up?

So sad...

I'll hunt in my tank to see if any is still around. It was pretty hardy and grew back a few times after my attempts to kill it. The only reason I wanted it gone was that it was growing onto / underneath a hairy mushroom and irritating the crap out of it. It was very pretty though. How rare is this stuff? Would people have paid for it?

id sure as hell pay for it.....

SbCaes, have you seen this one?

It grows kinda like a plating monti.

451b18cf.jpg

YEP! i have some actually. but its growing out. hows is yours growing? ive also got a ton of blue scroll. lol

Nice mines growing good (about the size fo a softball now). The more light I give it the more it grows. Blue scroll is awesome. I'm on the hunt for rare macros as well so if you come across any post em. lol

Nice mines growing good (about the size fo a softball now). The more light I give it the more it grows. Blue scroll is awesome. I'm on the hunt for rare macros as well so if you come across any post em. lol

pm is key ;)

has anyone ever had any problems with "too many" macros in a tank? ie warfare between each other. / they kill each other off. etc etc. thoughts? john?

johnmaloney

I think the best ones have a bit of diversity, that isnt to say it isn't hard...much easier to get one established then a bunch. pledosophy, eklikewhoa all kept pretty varied tanks. A few other people who I know by real name better than screen name....we should try to pool examples to see which plants dont like each other. I think that would be the shorter list. I see them all as close as can be out there, and we keep them all in the same system, but that isnt the same as next to each other for a long time...the combinations would be a lot I think.

HI would be fun, take pictures for all of us. :)

I think the best ones have a bit of diversity, that isnt to say it isn't hard...much easier to get one established then a bunch. pledosophy, eklikewhoa all kept pretty varied tanks. A few other people who I know by real name better than screen name....we should try to pool examples to see which plants dont like each other. I think that would be the shorter list. I see them all as close as can be out there, and we keep them all in the same system, but that isnt the same as next to each other for a long time...the combinations would be a lot I think.

HI would be fun, take pictures for all of us. :)

I've found ochtodes to grow over pretty much everything. They put out all those tiny tiny little holdfasts making it difficult to remove also.

EDIT: Also, some of the dictyota species are very epiphytic, and can starve out macros that it grows on

also is anyone willing to ship john maloney a ton of crap for me? basically receive shipment of said macros from hawaii. and let it rest a few days. then ship back out to him? i know for a fact going from HI- FLA is gonna be rough so id rather go HI/CA/ FLA if possible. obviously you get to keep some of it. but yeah whos up?

BUMP

BUMP

Sorry I would. Unfortunately i'm right next to John :P . Just kidding John, I love sharing the state with you!

Archived