Innovative Marine Aquariums

scooter blenny dieing?

xstealthrtx

xstealthrtx

We have a little scooter blenny in our 10 gal. we have about 12lbs of live rock and a 2+ inch live sand bed. the tank is probably a year old. the blenny has been in there for 1.5 months and he seems to be doing fine until lately it seems he's getting skinnier. just wondering if he's getting enough to eat. is there anything i can do or something i can get to feed him?

xstealthrtx

I chopped up some frozen brine shrimp and used a dropper thing and squirted near the blenny and at first he wasn't doing anything. the shrimp was bouncing off his eyes and he wouldn't move haha. but after a couple more tries his little mouth started to suck up the little pieces. i think he'll live afterall :)

If the brine isn't enriched with anything, then you probably should add some type of vitamins to them like zoe and selcon/zoecon.

Try Mysis(smaller ones) and bloodworms to....there much better foods.

xstealthrtx

haha yeah I go to 3si a lot. i have a 94 r/t. haha small world. this is going to turn into a stealth thread :happy:

on a fish related note: i'll have to go to my lfs and check out some other foods, thanks.

Archived