Cultivated Reef

pairing algaes

SbCaes

hey guys im planning on pair some ochtodes and nemastoma together. in a small 6 gallon macro dominated tank. any other macros you guys would suggest in this mix?

nemastoma

red-algae-3.jpg

ochtodes

152895blue_ball01.jpg

Maybe you want to try to get all different colors, throw some green in there, maybe some Caulerpa prolifera or Codium, or a calcified algae like Halimeda or Pencil cap, etc

I think you might also want to try to get different shapes/forms of macros

Looking forward to see how it turns out, are you keeping the original lights?

Maybe you want to try to get all different colors, throw some green in there, maybe some Caulerpa prolifera or Codium, or a calcified algae like Halimeda or Pencil cap, etc

I think you might also want to try to get different shapes/forms of macros

Looking forward to see how it turns out, are you keeping the original lights?

red grape is always cool, and calcifieds are an awesome addition. I'd suggest halmeida, udotea, halymenia, titan, and any other slow growers really, you just don't want an invasive caulerpa constantly choking out your pretty macros

bump any one else? what else do you think would go in well with these two macros? (updated a photo of each)

i was thinking maybe this? and some flower anemones and maybe just a oar grass bed to keep things simple.

Toadstool%20Algae_500_500.jpg

and MAYBE. one of these?

fmc.jpg

what do you guys think? ( i was thinking against the red grape just because it might clash with the nemastoma in overall macroalgae layout? im not sure though.

Nice choice with the toadstools macro. R u going to go a salty amano tank? Lol

trying to ... sorta.. kind of? O_o" i have no idea. but yes

Archived