Top Shelf Aquatics

twister's 75 gallon reef

twister23

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my tank looks a bit more purple in the pics than it really is because I cannot control the color temp with my cell phone pics. I think I will have to pass on the tang though.

I am thinking its about time that I replace the crappy sunsun pumps that came with the tank. What would you guys recommend?

I just replaced my actinics today. I went from a 420 to a 460. It looks a lot more blue, even with the halides on. I will take a fts later.

here is a fts with just the new 460 actinics on. I like this look a bit more than the 420. And I got these bulbs dirt cheap on aquatraders, you cant beat 9 bucks per bulb.

post-37855-1309224612.jpg

The tank is looking good.

I was in at the Fish Room last night trying to find a mesh algae clip like this:

ON1131_99.jpg

but you didn't have one.

I met the owner of the store and talked to him for a while though...he's a really nice guy. I definitely like that store a lot more now that I know the owner is a stand up guy. It was just his full time employees that I don't like. I got some spirulina brine shrimp and almost bought some more zoas but I need to put my money into fish for the new tank and I still don't even have all the stuff for the QT yet.

Thought I'd let you know I met the guy though

glad you had a better time. Yea, we only have the plastic clip without mesh. If you want to know if we have something in stock just ask me.

well I finally finished my fish list. I got 2 more bartletts anthias. So now my older one has some buddies!

• 3 weeks later...

unfortunately the two Bartletts that I got didn't make it, they would not eat anything I put in the tank. Everything else is doing great, all my sps are growing like crazy lately. Will post some pics later when the lights turn on.

TheNordCelt

Nice set up man, I'll take you up on your offer to frag, I've got a 29, so not too much I can offer in trade but I'd be happy to purchase some. Wierd question, but does your mom happen to be a glass artist? My wife knows some one who is and i think she said her son worked at the fishroom.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for the late reply, I have been busy moving back to school. My mom is not a glass artist. Just let me know if there is something you were looking for.

here is a new fts. I set up some frag racks for sps frags. I also got rid of the glass tops and made a custom egg crate top

post-37855-1314394240.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How do you feel the tank does with just the HOB skimmer? I'm planning a ~50g tank but it will be in a condo and I'm not crazy about the idea of a drilled tank... It makes me worry! Haha so I just wanted to get feedback from someone with a larger tank with an HOB rather than a sump :)

Paigee, my tank has been doing fine with the HOB skimmer and my canister filter. The remora skimmer has been great. I never have had any regrets of not setting up a sump. Just keep up with water changes and you will be fine.

• 7 months later...

How is your tank doing at this point? Any recent FTS? I have been snooping around looking at 75g setups since I am working on mine.

Archived