Pod Your Reef

wtdREEF's biocube 29

wtdREEF

I recently broke down my 20h tank and upgraded to a Biocube 29, I am very happy with the tank so far! I like the fact that everything is hidden from view and simple!!! I thought I would share my first AIO tank with everyone!

Thanks for looking.

Equipment:

Tunze 9002 skimmer W/intank cup

intank Media Basket (filter floss, chaeto and Chemi-Pure Elite)

Upgraded Silent X fans. ( a must have you cant even hear them!)

Koralia Nano

Reefkeeper Lite

JBJ Nano Glo LED

Bulk Reef RO/DI

Stock lighting

Stock pump

Stock heater

Livestock:

RBTA

Florida ricordea

Red mushrooms

Torch Coral

Green candy cane

Soft coral

African Midas Blenny

Sixline Wrasse

Clown Fish

FireFish

Peppermint Shrimp

5813761644_4489ab23b0_b.jpg

5813762308_dd18beb63e_b.jpg

5813762074_5dff04e338_b.jpg

5813761842_a4532ee799_b.jpg

5813192659_9d3c6498f9_b.jpg

5813761440_7560b43b5a_b.jpg

Nice tank! I love the tunnels. Fish and flow probably both love it!

Thanks! That's what I was going for. I will add more pics later tonight..

very nice i like the rock scape allot!

Thanks! So far I'm happy with this tank! I just looked at your thread and your tank is AWESOME! I was wondering how you like the 1/15 chiller?

i love it works great keeps the temps at a constant 78-79F so i never have to worry about heat anymore and only runs during the day

Rcplain123

Great looking tank. Your flow deflector for the media basket is backwards it is supposed to go from wide in chamber 1 to narrow in chamber 2

Great looking tank. Your flow deflector for the media basket is backwards it is supposed to go from wide in chamber 1 to narrow in chamber 2

OOPS! Thanks for pointing that out, I must have put it in backwards after I rinsed of my Chemi-Pure bag..

I am hoping someone can help me figure out why my ph is consistently LOW! It averages about 7.5.

Here are my parameters:

Nitrates/25

Nitrates/0

Ammonia/0

Calcium/500

magnesium/1380

I have been using Instant Ocean salt since day one. I recently switched to Coralife salt. I have done 2-3 water changes with it and my PH increases but does not stabilize. any input would be great. Thanks for looking.

Rcplain123
I am hoping someone can help me figure out why my ph is consistently LOW! It averages about 7.5.

Here are my parameters:

Nitrates/25

Nitrates/0

Ammonia/0

Calcium/500

magnesium/1380

I have been using Instant Ocean salt since day one. I recently switched to Coralife salt. I have done 2-3 water changes with it and my PH increases but does not stabilize. any input would be great. Thanks for looking.

pH fluctuates throughout the day so you should check it at a consistent time. It will be lower in the morning and higher at the end of the day when your lights go out. Possibly there is not enough oxygen exchange (O2 raises pH and CO2 lowers it). This can be solved by adding a skimmer, increasing surface agitation and/or opening up the lids. Adding a refugium with macro algae would also help. Also, run an airstone in your bucket when mixing new water.

My pH is also consistently low and my tank is doing just fine (check out my thread in signature). What is most important is that it stays stable. It is worse to have pH swinging. Lastly, remember that 8.2 is simply an ideal pH.

pH fluctuates throughout the day so you should check it at a consistent time. It will be lower in the morning and higher at the end of the day when your lights go out. Possibly there is not enough oxygen exchange (O2 raises pH and CO2 lowers it). This can be solved by adding a skimmer, increasing surface agitation and/or opening up the lids. Adding a refugium with macro algae would also help. Also, run an airstone in your bucket when mixing new water.

My pH is also consistently low and my tank is doing just fine (check out my thread in signature). What is most important is that it stays stable. It is worse to have pH swinging. Lastly, remember that 8.2 is simply an ideal pH.

I have a tunze 9002 protein skimmer and chaeto algae. At night I have seen it as low as 7.54, during the day around 7.82. I will try opening the lid on my tank and using a airstone while mixing. Thanks for the advice and I'm going to go check out your thread.

Rcplain123
I have a tunze 9002 protein skimmer and chaeto algae. At night I have seen it as low as 7.54, during the day around 7.82. I will try opening the lid on my tank and using a airstone while mixing. Thanks for the advice and I'm going to go check out your thread.

Wow, I can't read today. Should have remembered about the Tunze and the chaeto. Is your pH probe calibrated? My pH hovers in the 7.8 range.

I am thinking about upgrading my lights.. Mainly to reduce heat and have ample light for corals. Can someone tell me the pro's and con's of LED's and what you might recommend? Thanks for any advice..

LED Pro: Low heat, $0 bulb replacement cost for life, great shimmer and color control (with dimmable driver setup)

LED Con: Upfront cost is high.

LEDs will grow corals as well as any other form of light, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I would recommend either a retrofit kit like one from nanocustoms.com or splurge and go all out for an AquaIllumination unit.

Archived