Coral Vue Hydros

Check out my Macros!

Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Hello Everyone!

I have always really liked algaes and wanted to learn about them. Over the years I have picked up a few really cool ones along the way. Check it out!

Enjoy :)

Most of the pics are older

1-18-2010004-1.gif

1-18-2010003-1.jpg

These are all from a 10g where I keep the Blue Sparkle. Most of my Macro tanks are small.

1-18-2010005-1.jpg

1-18-2010006-1.jpg

1-18-2010003-2.gif

1-18-2010001-1.jpg

Another 10g I started and eventually gave to a friend

DSC01255-1.jpg

after a lil over a month

DSC01716-1.jpg

check out the orange!

DSC01729-1.jpg

DSC01734-1.jpg

DSC01743-1.jpg

How about this tank my first ever reef another 10g. I loved this tank. Some very nice red bubble in there as well as caulerpa lol :)

DSC00979-1.jpg

DSC00977-1.jpg

Here is my ATS I've got two removable glass plates that are cleaned regularly to remove nutrients

3-29-2010033-1.jpg

Two types of red bubbles under the plates only recieving the extra light

3-29-2010031-1.jpg

3-29-2010032-1.jpg

:)

mastahluong

WOW you've got some nice macro's in there. I've never seen anything like that blue sparkle you mention.... would you be up to sell me some? :D

WOW you've got some nice macro's in there. I've never seen anything like that blue sparkle you mention.... would you be up to sell me some? :D

^+1 haha.

and you use glass for your algae scrubber? I didn't even know that worked :o how long did it take for your ats to really start growing turf? I set mine up about a month ago and it's got some pretty thick diatom growth but no turf yet..

ah ive4 had a similar maro to yours before. it was a bit more dense and bushy though but very similar in appreance.

can say though it doesnt do well with a quick freshwater rinse. AT ALL. instant death in my case.

Lol same

Cool macros! :wub:

whoa what is that 'blue sparkle'? does it fluoresce?

and +9 to wanting to buy some like everyone above :)

...also the lichen-like orange macro in the first pic is pretty awesome too!

Alpha Aquaculture
whoa what is that 'blue sparkle'? does it fluoresce?

and +9 to wanting to buy some like everyone above :)

...also the lichen-like orange macro in the first pic is pretty awesome too!

The blue sparkle is from the Dominican Republic. It looks just like that in person :) I haven't tried to put blue leds on it at night yet. I'm just showing off at the moment :)

Thanks!!!

Lol same

Cool macros! :wub:

I want to hook everyone up but its just too fast here lol. I haven't even figured out how to quote multiple people lol. I need to learn how to check my pms here and everything :)

ah ive4 had a similar maro to yours before. it was a bit more dense and bushy though but very similar in appreance.

can say though it doesnt do well with a quick freshwater rinse. AT ALL. instant death in my case.

Thanks for the advice! No freshwater dips!!! :) Or experiment with a small batch first...

Alpha Aquaculture
^+1 haha.

and you use glass for your algae scrubber? I didn't even know that worked :o how long did it take for your ats to really start growing turf? I set mine up about a month ago and it's got some pretty thick diatom growth but no turf yet..

Yessir. I have never heard of anyone else doing it but I didn't want UV light breaking down any plastic so I decided to give it a try. Its a special type of textured glass. The texture gives small pits in the glass that I believe helps the algae gain a foothold and continue to grow back after scraping. It took me two or three months with a lot of cyano growing on it until it started growing more hair type algaes. Scrape those diatoms and cyanos off just like turf! One way or another its a way to remove nutrients from the system.

Have you heard about the UV light breaking down plastics and releasing plasticizer into the water?

Thanks!!! Always nice to share with some fellow macro enthusiasts :) I know for a fact it came right from the beaches of the DR. I'm just showing off at the moment but I might have to see how much I can spare for you guys.

Sweet Macros! I'd love to get my hands on some of that iridescent blue stuff!

Thanks! I love me some macros :) The blue sparkle is everyone's favorite. I like the red bubble a lot too. When it comes time, I got your name on this thread :)

Thanks for joining me everyone!!!!!

nope I've never heard of that....but I'll do some research on it. I'm looking to switch over to LED's though and they don't emit UV so either way I'll be fine in the end :lol: and you're the same alphacorals from R2R right?

btw if you wanna quote multiple people just press quote on each of their posts and hit add reply at the bottom of the page lol ;)

Alpha Aquaculture
nope I've never heard of that....but I'll do some research on it. I'm looking to switch over to LED's though and they don't emit UV so either way I'll be fine in the end :lol: and you're the same alphacorals from R2R right?

It happened on a huuuge tank in australia and their corals weren't doing good. Yep, its me Kris :)

btw if you wanna quote multiple people just press quote on each of their posts and hit add reply at the bottom of the page lol ;)

Duh, I'm learning lol. I was hitting the reply button next to each persons post. Got it now. Thanks :)

Archived