Coral Vue Hydros

cultivating Phytoplankton in Maine?

HomieDaClown

HomieDaClown

Hello all I am currently starting to cultivate phytoplankton so that I can grow my own pods and get a mandarin fish. I was wondering if anyone in the southern maine area had phytoplankton that I could purchase or have to start my own phyto culture. Thank you!

p.s I realize that I can buy it online buy with shipping it's like 30 bucks for 8oz of phyto =(

most of us clownfish breeders use non-viable phyto to feed out rotifers. its super concentrated nanno and you dont have to grow it. its enriched and all is needed to add a few drops into the bucket of rotifers.

if you accidently ad 1 pod to a culture of your greenwater it will multiply and crash it. one less thing to worry about and it will save time.

i have a madarin and it is pellet trained so it doesnt need pods to survive. i got mine from ORA last summer when they were released. but if you want to grow pods for the tank that a good thing. more food for the tank is always a good idea.

konradzior
Hello all I am currently starting to cultivate phytoplankton so that I can grow my own pods and get a mandarin fish. I was wondering if anyone in the southern maine area had phytoplankton that I could purchase or have to start my own phyto culture. Thank you!

p.s I realize that I can buy it online buy with shipping it's like 30 bucks for 8oz of phyto =(

I have phyto culture... but there is little problem > I live in Poland...

But if you have any questions about phyto culture >> ask! I will try to help you

Archived