inTank Media Baskets

Ricordea detached from rock

mmcguffi

I woke up this morning and I found my ricodea wedged between two rocks are the back of my tank. I guess it detached from the rock it was on and went for a ride. It was looking a little unhappy for a day or two before it did this. All the other corals look fine.

It has been in the same spot since it's been in my tank (>1 month). Anyone have any ideas? All params are fine as far as I know.

ive had mine work their way off too. I think they just don't like the spot / flow / position.

I think it helps to have them on a flat surface. I had mine sideways and that is when they decide to mosey

Edited by wamb0010

It's strange though, it grew about x3 the size I bought it at in that spot and looked great pretty much everyday. Then all of the sudden it decided to go for a ride

my ric did that too, along with a few of my mushrooms. make sure they arent in a high flow area. when its a nice slow current get a fine mesh net and put it onto of the ric to be sure it doesnt move. thats what i did and its happily in place

• 7 years later...

I know the topic is really old, but my RIC unattached from the rock it was glued to.

It just unattached today..

I have gently placed it on live rock it was resting against.

The flow in that bit is slow. Seems like coral isn't a moving at all on this rock.

My question is, will it attach itself to this spot if I leave it in there for 2-3 seeks?

Thanks for all interest and replies 🙂