Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

nano cube setup

havacube

hi everyone,

first post :)

a few questions about the rear part of the nano cube

do i put LR in each of the chambers except the last 1 with the pump(what do i place in here), i assume im not to put any LS back there also?

how much LR do i place back there? do i fill it to the top?

do i need to retrofit a light over this area or will it be fine left alone

any detailed info would be apreciated

i have searched the boards but have had trouble finding the answers to all my questions:*(

thanks

Danny

I just purchased a Nano 12. Have not set it up yet. From what I been reading the LR and Live sand will be your best filter. So I

would not worry much about the in tank filter.

What you do in the back is totally up to you. There is no right or wrong. I am setting up a nanocube also, and I took out everything from the back. I am going to put a heater in the first compartment, and one sponge, cut in half, on top of it, blocking the overflow. This is just to take out large particles. I would only recommend using a sponge if you are going to clean it every week or two, otherwise it can cause a nitrate spike. In the next two sections I am going to put LR rubble. Any small pieces I can find, or break off of bigger pieces. You don't need big pieces, just what can fit. Some people cut out the dividers so they can fit bigger pieces in there, but it's not necessary. I will probably fill mine close to the top. The last compartment will just have the powerhead. You can add some sand to the compartments if you want, but be careful so it doesnt get sucked up by the powerhead. If you just want LR for filtration you don't need a light over it. If you want to set up a little refugium and grow algae, then you do need a light. Personally I am also going to add a bag of chemi-pure and purigen back there, but the benefits of these are up to debate and personal opinion. Any other questions?

Archived