Coral Vue Hydros

new 10g setup- a couple questions

TNnano

I am setting up a 10g. I am planning on LR and 1-2 fishes (2 clown fish or 1 clown and 1 royal gramma) only. I am not planning on any corals right now. I have a couple questions about my setup though. I have a AC mini and an AC 200 from old freshwater tanks that I am not using currently- can I use one or both of these for water circulation or do I need to get a new powerhead? Also, my lighting right now is a NO florescent-plant bulb. Will this be enough light for the LR or do I need to upgrade my lighting before I get any LR? I am planning on getting a coralife 96W setup in a while, but have to budget things out a little bit. I know that the lighting I currently have isn't enough for corals, but couldn't find out if it would be enough for LR and fish. Thanks for any help you can give.

For filtration use either the AC200 or the mini AND a powerhead. The plant bulb will look like poop, but it'll be ok for just fish. However, if you want corraline growth I think you'll need to get a different bulb because of the wavelength that the plant bulb emits (I could be wrong). I use a NO actinic and 10,000K on my 20 gallon FOWLR and the corraline growth is great.

Archived