Pod Your Reef

Glass-Holes Complete Nano Overflow Kit

Zer0

I just would like to know the difference between the Nano Overflow Kit and the Super Nano Overflow Kit. I understand that the Super Nano Overflow Kit has their patented "baffle" system within the overflow box, but is it much different compared to the overflow box without the baffle system?

Also, does the Nano Overflow Kit make a lot of noise? I.E. gurgling from the water?

Any insight is appreciated as I have only used the Super Nano Overflow Kit.

Thanks!

*I posted this in the wrong section.. my bad. Could anyone move it to the equipment forum? Thanks.

• 10 months later...

I just got the deluxe one or whstever, the one that has teeth.

These things are awesome drilling was a breeze and everything screws together tight.

I filled my tank up and nothing leaks at all.

I highly recommend these.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. I'd also like to know specifically, how much sound the Glass-holes nano overflow (one that measures 3.25 x 3.25 x 2 inches without teeth) makes.

andrewguilfoy

When you set it up stock, they are gurggly dependent on how much flow you put through them, but with a little play you can quiet them. They need an external durso standpipe instead of the street elbow, and from there, you're good to go.

here's my super nano box, im running without the internal baffle in place because it reduces the flow to much, this is the most flow i can put into it without it overflowing. its much quieter when your a normal distance away from the tank.

I had a glass holes overflow and other than a very slight trickling sound that you can only hear it at midnight when everything is off, the overflow was dead slient. I did use a return pump smaller thant the recommended size. I would buy one again in an instant!

• 1 month later...

I have the 700GPH overflow and it's quieter than my skimmer. It was a little noisy, but I put some floss in it and now it's dead silent. Then once it starts to get loud again I know its time to change my floss :D

hooligan_78
I have the 700GPH overflow and it's quieter than my skimmer. It was a little noisy, but I put some floss in it and now it's dead silent. Then once it starts to get loud again I know its time to change my floss :D

Did yours not come with that enkamat(sp?) stuff? I just set my 700 gph yesterday, and other than a slight gurgle, pretty quiet.

Archived