Innovative Marine Aquariums

Test Kits WAHOOO!

T11mog

Whats a good calcium test kit? I was looking at the Red Sea or the salifert but the saliferrt is like 19 bucks on a site and the red sea is 9 bucks...well let me know! thnx

I guess that Im reasonably happy with the red sea, I bought the reefkit, but i have nothing to compare it to. If I did the test correctly then my calcium is at 500mg/L and my alk is at 4.2dKH

I'll keep monitoring it, but as I said I dont have anything to compare it to (as in other kits), wheras I did a experiment between 3 different kits in amonia, nitrite, nitrates and some other paramaters and Aquarium Pharmacuticals came out the worst, and Tetra and Redsea came out about the same with what the fish store used (which they said was salifert).

I should also mention that in my mind I dont remember the LFS testing for calcium with their salifert kits, so I dont have anything to go on there either. I wrote up what the test results came out to be on one of these forums, but dont remember if it was this one or any number of the other ones that I visit.

if you can afford a nano you should be able to fork out the extra money for the Salifert. RedSea are notorious for being inaccurate.

Salifert all the way. I find my Salifert calcium kit easy to use. Just keep dropping until the color changes, and read a number. not much to it.

deviousrhesus

I'm starting out with a red sea test kit, I think it'll be fine for lest demanding creatures like the ones that will ride in on my live substrate. When I start thinking about getting fish in a few months I might jump on some Saliferts.

Archived