inTank Media Baskets

Cadlights Artisan 40g Build

TKG

Small update, got a new sump light!

_DSC0171-1.jpg

Took some PAR readings off the Slimlines. They're not quite putting out what I thought they would be.

_DSC0168.jpg

I'm looking for an led for my setup and I was wondering what kind of light is that and where did u buy it

They're the Sunbrite Slimline S12. I got them from Barrier Reef Aquariums. They were great to deal with and can't recommend them enough.

Added an AI Nano Sol over the center section of the sump. I'm picking up a K-Nano tomorrow to help with flow in there. This should help clear out the sandbed somewhat. I really need to frag stuff.

_DSC0193.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So with the new PAR readings off the Slimlines are you going to stick with them?

Im interested in the best way to LED light a 36" long tank without having to run two AI nano's.

So with the new PAR readings off the Slimlines are you going to stick with them?

Im interested in the best way to LED light a 36" long tank without having to run two AI nano's.

I'm going to stick with them, at least for now. Although the AI's are much stronger, they coverage is way less and I'm not in to all the shadows. I'll probably play with the 60 lenses soon. I really want to open them up, swap at least one white for a blue and take a look at the drivers/buckpucks and see what I need to do to make them controllable from my reefkeeper.

TKG thanks for the comparison shots. You think you may need 3 to get the even coverage you like? That's a lot of dough. I wonder how 2 SuperBlue Sol's or one Phoenix would work.

TKG thanks for the comparison shots. You think you may need 3 to get the even coverage you like? That's a lot of dough. I wonder how 2 SuperBlue Sol's or one Phoenix would work.

No prob, yeah, they really cover a lot less than the Slimline's. The regular Sol's would probably be overkill and take up most of the tank. I like keeping the top as open as possible. I haven't looked too much into the Phoenix, so I have no idea. I love the Slmlines, just wish I could control them and add a couple more blue's. Hopefully it won't be too hard.

Hey excellent tank! how much are you dosing per 24 hours?

I don't really dose much.

Fuel/Coral Frenzy twice a week and mysis 3 times a week.

I just picked up a bunch of SPS, so I may need to hook my kalk reactor up.

Work has me out of town this week, but when I get home, I'll snap some more, I just picked up about 20 SPS frags/colonies and a few more chalices, so it's going to look a litte different.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived