inTank Media Baskets

225 Blue and White Mixed LED Light Panel

pmoradi2002

pmoradi2002

I was looking for something to light up my 18g frag tank. After lots of looking around I decided going with this panel. Price was $100 shipped so I decided it wasn't too bad.

Here's what the manufacturer had to say-

Provides enough "sunlight" to maintain oxygen production by aquatic's photosynthesis for fishes.

Good effect for Coral, Float grass, and Alga to promote better growth than other LED grow light Panels.

Offers day and night alternation surrounding for indoor fishes.

Less Heat: Low heated LED bulbs will protect your fishes and aquatic well.

No infrared ray and ultraviolet radiation to destroy your aquatic and fishes.

Easy to install and use, plugging into the electric outlet(120 Vac) directly.

Brighter UFO SMD LED Bulbs:

High-efficient and energy-saving upgraded SMD LED bulbs design! The lumen of each upgraded LED is much better than other original LED lights' in market.

Larger Lighting Coverage:

The ultrathin grow lights with larger lighting coverage and further lighting distance make more plants absorb the effective light in a further distance.

Safer Circuit Design:

The upgraded LED grow light has the better structure of parallel connection and can protect the LED bulbs.

Come with professional detachable ballast to make electric current of light more stable and good for your plants.

Lower Damage Rate:

Much firmer! Our ultrathin grow lights can keep intact when falling off from 30 feet high, while other original LED lights will be broken.

If one LED is damaged when short circuit, other original LED lights will extinguish three rows of LEDs (more than twenty LEDs), but our upgraded lights maybe have one to three LEDs put out and still can be use.

Long Life Span:

More than 5 years long life span! Much longer life span than other original LED lights which just can be used about one year.

Save money. Our ultrathin LED grow light can save much more money than buy five original grow lights.

Thinner and Lighter:

The ultrathin LED grow light panels are just 1/4 inch thick and can save much more space for you.

You can stick the ultrathin grow light to the ceiling with your powerful double side adhesive tape or hang it to use with our hanging kit.

Convenient Power:

AC100-250V full voltage with U.S. standard plug for your easy using.

(If you use the grow light in other country, please make sure to use it with your Traveler Adapter.)

Power Supply AC100-250V

Output Voltage 46V

Frequency 47-63Hz

LED Qty 225pcs (113 Blue LEDs + 112 White LEDs)

Color Blue and White

LED Bulbs Power 33w in total

Lumen(Blue/White) Blue: 13Lux x 113 LEDs (1469 lux in total)

White: 16Lux x 112 LEDs (1792 lux in total)

Blue LED Wavelength 450nm

LEDs Diameter 5mm

Working Temperature -10 to 50 degree Celsius

Working Humidity Less than 95%

Power Cord Length 25 inch

Light Panel Size 12" L x 12" W x 1/4" H

Recommended Height Within 3.28 feet high above plants

Recommended Coverage One panel per 21.5 to 32.3 square feet

I was a bit skeptical about this, but after installing it today I am extremely pleased with it. If you are looking for it shoot me a PM and I'll let you know where I got it from.

257.jpg

258.jpg

259.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

New 225 light

262.jpg

Old Par38 bulb

263.jpg

WARNING:

I came home to find that the adhesive pads that are used for the hanging kit had failed and that they fixture had fallen into the tank. I STRONGLY ADVISE THAT YOU DO NOT USE THE SUPPLIED PADS AND BUY YOUR OWN.

pmoradi2002
why would anyone trust adhesive pads to hold a hot light in mid air over water is beyond me.

Chinese ones, no.

Ones from Home Depot, yes.

The fixture is incredibly light, less than a pound.

why would anyone trust adhesive pads to hold a hot light in mid air over water is beyond me.

I would agree. Those sticky pads will let go sooner or later. It will be the domino affect. After one lets go the rest will follow.

I see u have a comparison pics of your par38 and the new fixture, why did u replace the par38 did u want more coverage.

pmoradi2002
I see u have a comparison pics of your par38 and the new fixture, why did u replace the par38 did u want more coverage.

My PAR38 is for my 6g :)

I would assume that the fixture is dead right? It may handle a drop, but I doubt a submersion ;) . Have you thought about getting another? The actual fixture looks really sleek and if the led's held up to regular use that seems like a sweet deal(as long as you mount it yourself)

pmoradi2002
I would assume that the fixture is dead right? It may handle a drop, but I doubt a submersion ;) . Have you thought about getting another? The actual fixture looks really sleek and if the led's held up to regular use that seems like a sweet deal(as long as you mount it yourself)

Surprisingly it still works fine. Dried it up and plugged it back in, no dead LED's :)

• 2 months later...

It would be a cold COLD day in hell before I trusted some cheap no name double sided tape to suspend a panel with 225 leds suspended above my open top saltwater tank...

Get the 3M double sided tape with the red protector on it OR be patient and use some epoxy as an even better alternative

Silly mistakes tend to be the most costly ones

Archived