Coral Vue Hydros

Need help getting rid of Purple Carpet Algae

Ralgo

can we get after pics? glad you got it man

I'll try to remember to take some tonight. I have clear views of the main rock that was affected and its completely clear now. I do still have some spots in other locations but its way better. Pic to come... later

at least you controlled it, any form of action is better than none as I trust no animal to deliver a tank from this scourge lol although some got lucky.

When red brush algae was wrecking my first reefbowl after 3 hard fought years I tried a mithrax out of desperation and all it ever did was hide and do nothing and I lost the tank.

Next time I see that stuff there will be no rest until it is nuked, its the wmd of the nano reef thats my most hated organism you have a pic of!

I have somehting like this in my tank, but it grows more like a corraline. It doesn't scrape off and isn't any slimier than anything else wet and underwater. It's NOT cyano- I've had that and know what it looks/feels like.

However, it isn't causing any problems so I just leave it alone.

Its kinda pretty.....

I have somehting like this in my tank, but it grows more like a corraline. It doesn't scrape off and isn't any slimier than anything else wet and underwater. It's NOT cyano- I've had that and know what it looks/feels like.

However, it isn't causing any problems so I just leave it alone.

Its kinda pretty.....

Coraline does come in that color, that's probably what you have. I think it's way prettier than the purple kind, personally.

Here are the pics

First one is of the same rock from before... now with no Cyano

0add41b9.jpg

Next is a FTS that shows the only few spots of Cyano left.

6b775116.jpg

On the front center bridge rock (right below the dottyback)... but that's only because I had a big mushroom there that i just recently moved

and at the back, top, dead center a single piece of hitchhiker coral still has some.

Sorry for the crappy pics... ipod touch 4g FTW!

Archived