Pod Your Reef

xxmurrxx Biocube 29 Build

xxmurrxx

You'll love the Apex Jr! Tank is looking good.

Thanks, The apex is great, well worth the money. Just wish I would have gotten the full apex package with energy bar 8, ph probe, etc. Can't beat it for the price though and eventually I can get all those extras.

Thanks, The apex is great, well worth the money. Just wish I would have gotten the full apex package with energy bar 8, ph probe, etc. Can't beat it for the price though and eventually I can get all those extras.

Haha! Exactly same thought process here. It's cost me more in the long run but I needed to get in at a lower price to try it. I've since added an EB8, PM1, breakout box, and VDM. WXM should be my final module at Christmas. Oh, and I still need to pick up a ph probe. Everything is working great though.

In 6 month your BC29 will be cover with the kenya tree. That is what is happening to mind right now.

Yeah, was thinking of fragging it soon. Don't think I want it spread all over.

Same with the hairy mushrooms didn't get a pic of them but went from 2 to 6 in a pretty short period of time.

• 1 month later...

Any suggestions for good fish to add?

The six line is going, I really want to get a flame hawk but looking for possibly one more choice.

Any suggestions for good fish to add?

The six line is going, I really want to get a flame hawk but looking for possibly one more choice.

Goby. Tail spot blenny. Firefish.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new pic's of my setup. Re-Arranged some corals, fragged the hammer the back half was getting blasted by the mp10 and was shrivelled all the time .Sold off the Kenya, favia, and a couple shrooms.

-Rapid LED biocube kit Ordered :D, Not sure if i'll have to move the higher hammer down when I get the lights setup?

-Planning on a fish soon, started cycling a QT tank (Thinking either: Flame hawk (If I can find one local), midas blenny, goby shrimp combo. Going to beef up the CUC couple snails and a emerald crab. Possibly buy a cleaner shrimp depending on if I can get a flame hawk or not.

FTS

925346d8.jpg

Sides

514851e2.jpg

6c2a7432.jpg

Zoas

502d76d6.jpg

cc49f64e.jpg

Anyone got a possible name for the brownish zoas in the last pic?

• 2 weeks later...

LED Kit.. WOOT (Rapid LED dim kit)

57f47bba.jpg

Got it installed already but haven't taken any pics yet. I read numerous threads about it taking people a couple hours, it pretty much took me all day lol, I did a couple extra steps though and didn't have enough soldering exp to rush through it. All in all it was fairly simple to install.

Lights at about 20%, going to bump it up week by week. Blues make the colours glow like crazy! very impressed.

Grabbing a few SPS frags shortly to give them a try.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Long time no update!

Sorry to the couple peepz that replied but yeah, lights are doing good 100x better than the PC's.

Running Whites 50%, blues about 90%

If I had to do it all over there def would have been more blue to white ratio. prob 1/3 white and 2/3 blue.

Temp is not really an issue for me right now, tank is in the basement. Have not noticed a difference from the LED's to the PC's. Fans were upgraded though.

Update FTS on the first page.

Shortly i'm upgrading to a 75G B)

Archived