Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Rimless 24 JBJ Nano

KissMyDSM

I have a question about removing the rim. I have a 12g nc and its 'wet' but i want to remove the rim, Would it be a bad idea if i tried to remove it while everything is in?

I have a question about removing the rim. I have a 12g nc and its 'wet' but i want to remove the rim, Would it be a bad idea if i tried to remove it while everything is in?

I did mine with everything in but took every precaution I could think of. Just make sure you don't get to much plastic in the water but if you do just scoop what you can out with a fish net. Just use my walk through and take your time.

• 3 months later...

Some updated pics. Everything is doing amazing. Sneaking up one one year!

Got the light tree finished and the sump dialed in. Added an APC battery backup just incase.

Enjoy.

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

Looking good!

One of these days will you need to lop me off a polyp of HPE and DM! :P

Jacob performed surgery on the Zoa rock and successfully cut two of the DM out and moved them to the bigger zoa rock in the 40. Hopefully they do well so both of you can grab some.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New shots. I love this nano. It is so peaceful and quite colorful.

IMG_1467.jpg

Cali Tort coloring up!

IMG_1461.jpg

Zoa Zone

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

His and Hers.

IMG_1410.jpg

Yes it is very exciting to visually see the growth in a weeks time. Hard to believe. With the vortech polyp extension has been even better. Can't wait to see what happens in another year.

• 2 months later...

Did some re-arrainging a little while ago. Let stuff grow back a little before I felt like snapping some new pics.

Sps are really starting to go crazy.

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

buddythelion

Wow! Love this tank, don't know why I never found it before! Love those red and black zoa/palies! :)

Your SPS looks great as well, what's your maintenance schedule? I"m going to SPS and owuld like to know how to keep them growing and happy like the beautiful ones in your tank!

Thanks. My routine is fairly simple. Lights on 11 Hours a day. Vortech on reef crest 50% all day and a quarter at night. Clean the glass and turkey baste the rocks right before a water change and change out 5 gallons per week. I started dosing alk since my kent salt mix sits a little low out of the bag. I am manually dosing alk every day at the moment but plan on getting automated dosers and ATO to make life even more simple.

Archived