Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mounting lights on/over AC500

jrsy91gmc

Hi all...

I've read about a million posts on this through the search button, but can't find exactly what I'm looking for...

I've got a couple ideas on what to use to light my little fuge, but I need some ideas on how to mount the lighting...

I'd thought about using the shiny mud pan, and just mouting a cheap screw in socket in it and using one of the 6500K screw ins from Walmart... instant light hood, provided I can find a pan small enough...

Those who are using the 13W work lights from Lowes/HD, et al, how are you mounting those? I really like that idea, as it means I could later use an actinic or 50/50 bulb in that fixture if I wanted to...

Ideas, and pics, are appreciated...

Thanks

I'm tagging along for a little help in that area also, hope you don't mind! :)

I made a refugium out of an AC300. I got a reptile clamp light with a daylight bulb that I clamped on the edge of the tank and shines right on top of the fuge. My problem is how to keep the light out of the tank? At night, there is still quite a bit of light shining in the tank, no matter how I tilt it. Anyone have any suggestions? Or ideas about another kind of light for these refugiums?

what i have done to eliminate the nighttime light escape is wrap my clamp lamp(i have chameleons and an abundance of clamp lamps) in aluminium foil to make an elongated lamp housing, if you will. im using the coralife 20 watt 50/50 bulb over a pico i set up a month ago and things are goin swell. good luck

hmpitags2006

you want to make sure that there is no chance of the aluminum to get into the tank cause it will make aluminum hydroxide and I think it is very toxic to your fish. so just make sure that there will be no chance of it falling in or something.

HTH,

-Glenn

aggiereefer

i have an a/c500 on my tank. I all i did was just cut out a big portion of plastic lid for the filter and i rest my light on top. I use a jebo 18 watt light and I grow sargassum in my 'fuge just fine. Its simple and it works.

hey hmpitags, you live on campus? I live on northside in moses hall. i'll pm you.

Archived