Coral Vue Hydros

nitrogen cycle

nano man can

nano man can

I have a 20 gal nano that nas been cycling for about 1 n a half weeks and my ammonia has peaked and my nitrites are at 1.0 and my nitrates are at . i dont know if my tank even started the cycle. any ideas????

Nope, you have a couple of weeks left. Even when your nitrites go to zero there is more time to go. Don't add anything else for at least a month or longer. Look at the rock and see what is living there.

nano man can

i have some bubble algae and my coralline algae is starting to grow back. i think there is an aiptasia on one of my pieces of live rock and i have to kill it but no sure how too.

You can kill aiptasia by using a syringe to inject it with boiling water, vinegar or kalkwasser. You can also put some epoxy or chewing gum over it when it recedes. This will lead to its demise and prevent it from spreading.

movingshadow

fresh squeezed lemon juice will instantly kill aiptasia when injected... cheap, easy and works for sure...

for those hard to get bastages, mix up some kalk (consistency should be rather like jello/putty) and put it in the microwave. when aiptasia tentacles touch the hot kalkpaste it sticks to them and when they retract - goodbye!!!

Archived