inTank Media Baskets

Coralife Aqualight versus Current Orbit (last new thread, I promise!)

deviousrhesus

deviousrhesus

I used the search, but didn't find much on the orbit.

http://www.marineandreef.com/shoppro/power_Orbit.html

http://www.marineandreef.com/shoppro/power..._aqualight.html

It looks like i'm going to buy a power compact system to light my reef in a few months, and the only piece of hardware I haven't picked is the lighting. I'm torn between the two 30" offerings from these two companies... so it comes down to this: which system will be the cheapest to replace bulbs in? Any other experience with these lights?

Thanks!

Reefer_Buddha

the current usa is exactly the same as custom sealife but the legs are adjustable.I would go with them, coralife lights you cant mod and the current usa you could eventually add a 70w halide into.

deviousrhesus

Well, I did a search for custom sealife, and everyone seemed to like them. Looks like that's what i'm going with! Can I find it cheaper anywhere else? This is the ONLY place i've seen it, so just wondering.

Thanks for your recommendations guys!

Thank you for your interest in the 20” Orbit. Here are a couple of online dealers that stock this light.

Champion Lighting 800-673-7822 www.championlighting.com

Marine & Reef 877-878-9349 www.marineandreef.com

Thanks again for your interest in Current USA lighting.

This was the reply from Current USA, the makers of the Orbit light. I am buying one myself for a 10g.

theclearblue

I've seen the 20" Current USA Orbit on sale on eBay for around 20 bucks +/- less than Champion Lighting and Marine and Reef in buy it now auctions. Might want to email them and see if they're carrying any of the 30 inch models.

my LFS is starting to stock the new Current Orbitz models...I imagine yours may have them already too or will be getting them especially if they used to carry CSL...

So is this the company that took over from CustomSeaLife? Current Orbitz?

BTW, I got my CSL 2x40w from Marineandreef, and it went smooth. Good place to order from.

The name of the company is Current. Current USA to be exact....

Their model, the Orbitz, is pretty much identical to the CSL Power Compact w/ moon (they call it Luna:P). They also have other models simular to other models CSL used to make. This company is comprised of ex-CSL employees.:)

Ahh! Well that's great, makes me feel better about my CSL setup. I notice they have different bulbs for it now. Dual Actinic, Dual Daylight and SmartPaq. I know the dual actinic is the direct replacement for my actinic, but I have no clue between Dual Daylight and SmartPaq.

Ahh screw it, I should just put in a 70w MH like KrackerG! Although I have no clue how I'd pull that off.

Originally posted by KrackerG

my LFS is starting to stock the new Current Orbitz models...I imagine yours may have them already too or will be getting them especially if they used to carry CSL...

Which LFS please? If I can buy local I may do that. Thanks...

Archived