inTank Media Baskets

bastard plate coral?!

cachocachocacho

cachocachocacho

good afternoon everybody...

the condition of one of my tank inhabitants is troubling me... i put i a xenia in my tank about 2 months ago and it has been doing great since, until last week i added a long tentacle plate coral. ever since then the xenia has been looking sadder and sadder :( i just did another check of my parameters and they are fine; ammonia, nitrate, nitrite - 0, ph 8.2, Ca 450 ppm, 8 dkH, temp 78 F.. could the plate coral be attacking the xenia? they are about 3 inches apart from each other... also this saturday the plate coral spewed out some red slimy stringy stuff... or at least i think it was him because i saw a clump of it in his mouth... ideas please!

cachocachocacho

oh yeh, everything else is doing fine, wellsophylia, feather dusters, button and colony polyps, zoos, shrooms, and the plate coral, except the xenia,

LITTLEFISHEE

That xenia is probably taking a beating at night. Don't worry about the plate, it was probably just making a boom-boom.

the red stringy stuff is possibly/probably the coral excreting waste-they poop out of their oral cavity, I've seen mine do this

several times, especially the day after a good feeding. good luck and your plate looks good

Mark

Archived