Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need Info

Fuzzy Cow

Fuzzy Cow

Hello, I have a 14BC and its great and all but I think I want to sell it and downsize to a 5g LED Ecoxotic Ecopico. I want to keep mainly Rics and Zoos so I think that this tank would work better for me. I like fish and all but I am more interested in Inverts and Corals. But that can support one fish for sure. Anyone have experience with these tanks? Am I crazy for selling my biocube? I think these look cooler anyways because they are rimless and just awesome.

You're definitely not crazy. It's a nice tank, however, plan on a light upgrade because those LEDs will not even support the requirements for low light corals such as rics and zoos.

You would be much better off getting a Mr. Aqua tank and spending the remaining money on a small lighting set-up. You can get the 7.5g cube for $47, or get the 5.2g bowfront for about $10 less.

Since you want to keep mainly rics and zoos, you wouldn't need a high powered light. However, you could spend the money on a custom LED build and probably stay under $100.

You're definitely not crazy. It's a nice tank, however, plan on a light upgrade because those LEDs will not even support the requirements for low light corals such as rics and zoos.

You would be much better off getting a Mr. Aqua tank and spending the remaining money on a small lighting set-up. You can get the 7.5g cube for $47, or get the 5.2g bowfront for about $10 less.

Since you want to keep mainly rics and zoos, you wouldn't need a high powered light. However, you could spend the money on a custom LED build and probably stay under $100.

I couldn't have put it beter myself

I have seen the Eco pico in person and the light it comes with blocks out more abeint light then it puts in. I'm not joking. I saw it at vivid aquariums. I think the tank looked really dark!

Its a very nice looking tank I was lookin into getting one however I was kinda disappointed.

Archived