Pod Your Reef

VHO retro in CSL 30" 2x65 PC hood

Aggie05

I have been upset with the slow growth I have been seeing with my PC fixture and am not at all crazy about the coloration either. So lately I have been thinking about switching over to either VHO or MH. Now I have studied up on the threads in the DIY section about the MH retros that Kraker and ReeferBuddha did but I have also thought about running a dual 24" VHO setup within the CSL hood. Hellolights sells this ballast that I could use for a two bulb setup and then I was thinking about trying to strip the PC ballast out of the hood along with the PC bulbs and mount up the VHO stuff. So I guess my questions are, first, will it fit? Second, is 2 24" VHO bulbs 150 watts? And third, do yall think this would even be a good alternative to the PC lighting? Oh yeah, and anyone know anything about that ballast? Thanks in advance.

Why not strip the hood and put metal halide in hood? I was and still am considering taking out the back 2x65 out of mine and putting in a 150 watt MH. I would then also have 65 watts actinic and 10000k.....I just have to win the lottery to afford the balast, bracket and bulb.

how about both VHO and MH??! :P if you read my 30" CSL thread, I was thinkin' the same mod swapping out the PCs for VHOs. IMO, the VHO coloration is soooo much nicer...

Go for it Aggie05...and let us know how it works...then watch....I'll do mine as well!!:D

Archived