CUC added:

• Pom Pom Crab
  • Pederson's Cleaner Shrimp
  • 15x Virgin Nerites
  • 10x Dwarf Ceriths
  • 4x Nassarius
  • 3x Nerites (small)

:happydance:

The virgin nerites are extremely tiny. I mean 1/8 inch tiny. As are the dwarf ceriths. The nassarius are at a good number for sifting the sand. The larger nerites are there to mow down the algae that has cropped up while my macros get established. Once things settle down the larger nerites will go back my my 22g. Fear not.

ok good to hear that you have another tank ready for them because the dwarf ceriths and the virgin nerites do grow larger.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update: Snails are doing great. Pederson shrimp MIA (assumed dead), PomPom Crab is thriving and SHE is now carrying a clutch of very orange eggs! Tank stats are stable. I belive the "cycle" is complete if not nearly complete. There are some nice coralline algae deposits beginning to show on the dead rock I'm using. I'm going to be replacing the stock AC20 with a AC50 once I remove the stock lighting fixture and trim down some excess plastic within the back housing. I got an email from Nick at Nanotuners a few days back that my fixture is completely built and they're just waiting on the shipping boxes before they can send it to me. Looks like I'll be needing to get my filter project going soon here. I may add a blood shrimp or two to replace the pederson at some point.

Archived