ReefCleaners.org

Finnex 30MT or CADlights 39g?

crazyfishgirl

crazyfishgirl

CADlights says that their LED system "...comes built-in with multi functional dimmer controls that allow you to adjust up to 40 different lighting settings and colors..." what exactly do they mean when they say 40 different lighting settings? Can I program different settings into the remote control and then just choose which one I want? If that's the case, that's great.

That I'm not totally sure about. But the color can be changed to many settings, and then the intensity is highly adjustable as well. I don't see why there wouldn't be at least a handful of "favorite" schemes that could be programmed to like memory presets on the remote.

xerophyte_nyc

As for CAD Lights LEDs, the 120W LED setup is a better light, much more powerful than the 45W LED you talk about. The downside is that it's not as pretty.

I am a new owner of the CAD 39G Pro. There is definitely work involved to get it set-up, but this is my first aquarium adventure so I don't have a reference.

Feel free to follow my tank thread below for some ideas about what's involved. There are other build threads online as well, which go into greater detail on the plumbing and other mods.

There are definitely quirks with the CAD - doesn't come with instructions, the stand shelf does not fit with the plumbing, they use non-US standard PVC for the Durso drain, refugium light is poor, etc...but overall I am quite pleased. Nothing is perfect.

crazyfishgirl
That I'm not totally sure about. But the color can be changed to many settings, and then the intensity is highly adjustable as well. I don't see why there wouldn't be at least a handful of "favorite" schemes that could be programmed to like memory presets on the remote.

Cool. Can't wait to see how it works. Hey, can you put LEDs on a timer?

As for CAD Lights LEDs, the 120W LED setup is a better light, much more powerful than the 45W LED you talk about. The downside is that it's not as pretty.

I am a new owner of the CAD 39G Pro. There is definitely work involved to get it set-up, but this is my first aquarium adventure so I don't have a reference.

Feel free to follow my tank thread below for some ideas about what's involved. There are other build threads online as well, which go into greater detail on the plumbing and other mods.

There are definitely quirks with the CAD - doesn't come with instructions, the stand shelf does not fit with the plumbing, they use non-US standard PVC for the Durso drain, refugium light is poor, etc...but overall I am quite pleased. Nothing is perfect.

I ordered the signature series which is an all in one, so im hoping that I wont have too much too figure out. Im sure I'll be more than happy though. I actually did read thru your tank thread. I really liked the way they packed the tank in a wooden crate.

You probably shouldn't need much directions for it, with it being an AIO and all. That said, Cad's support is some of the best in the industry, so you're covered all around! :) Any lights can be put on timers, LED included and that's probably the best way to run any aquarium lights.

crazyfishgirl
You probably shouldn't need much directions for it, with it being an AIO and all. That said, Cad's support is some of the best in the industry, so you're covered all around! :) Any lights can be put on timers, LED included and that's probably the best way to run any aquarium lights.

Thank you for all your help. Im definately going to get a timer then. Now all I have to do is wait for my aquarium to get here and start cycling :)

Archived