Coral Vue Hydros

My 60g Marine Land Mixed Reef

magsj387

Started up 4-25-11, transfered all my rock sand and livestock over from my 2 nanos. I will try to keep track of things here as I go along, but I just wanted to share the set up and so on.

Tank:

ML 60 gallon (24"x24"x24")

Sump is custom made by friend designed to hold; equipment, macro algae, and angler & NPS

Skimmer Aqua-C HOB

Reef Octopus 110

Pump Mag 9.5

MP 10 on Reef crest at 90%

Blue Line 250wt 20k, 2x T5's 420 actinics, and I added 2x 1wt x3 Led blue suppliments...

CUC:

E.B. Hermit

E.O. hermit

12+ Blue Leg Hermits

8+ Red Leg Hermits

2 Scarlet Leg Hermits

Astreas

Nassarius

Mexican Turbo

Nerite

Conch

Money Cowry

Brittle Star

Emerald Crab

LIVESTOCK:

Blue Eye Bristletooth Tang - For algae removal only...

Snow Flake Clown

Black Clown

Algae Blenny

Flasher Wrasse

Mystery Wrasse

Fridmani Dottyback

Black Clown Goby

3x Peppermint Shrimp

1x Cleaner Shrimp

Porcelain Crab

IN SUMP:

Angler

Damsel - One finally fell pray to the angler...

DSC_0853.jpg?t=1304225223

DSC_0852.jpg?t=1304225223

DSC_0855.jpg?t=1304225223

Thanks, I wanted to enjoy the sump so I made the most of it and used the larger section for my NPS and angler containment....Realy wanted to have the best of both worlds...

Way nice, lovin' the sump also.
what kind of sea fan? and nice work :lol:

Its red with blue polyps really wicked and I had it in my NPS tank previously....

Amazing aquascape. Did you use anything to keep all the rock together?

Hahaha yes lots of epoxy and super glue but only on the topright piece everything else fell into place ;)

Deleted User 4
Its red with blue polyps really wicked and I had it in my NPS tank previously....

Hahaha yes lots of epoxy and super glue but only on the topright piece everything else fell into place ;)

hmmm I see, could you get a closer pic of it? because I just got really into sea fans since I bought 1 2 days ago, mine is red with yellow polyps and I heard mine was one of the hardier ones compared to other sea fans. But I've never seen a red wit blue polyps and would like to see it closeup. thanks and very nice rock scape as well. :D

hmmm I see, could you get a closer pic of it? because I just got really into sea fans since I bought 1 2 days ago, mine is red with yellow polyps and I heard mine was one of the hardier ones compared to other sea fans. But I've never seen a red wit blue polyps and would like to see it closeup. thanks and very nice rock scape as well. :D

It's a Blueberry Gorg...apparently to be honest I never really looked into IDing it...I got it for free from a supplier, and it was huge so I have a couple of my buddies frags of it...got any pics of yours?

Great setup! Your sump is awesome.

Thanks I really like the fact that I have somewhere to house the angler as well as incorporate the nps with all the typical functionality of a typical fuge/sump

Deleted User 4
It's a Blueberry Gorg...apparently to be honest I never really looked into IDing it...I got it for free from a supplier, and it was huge so I have a couple of my buddies frags of it...got any pics of yours?

sorry for the late reply

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0359-1.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

now could you show me yours???? :D

sorry for the late reply

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0359-1.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

now could you show me yours???? :D

So sorry to take so long, works been rough....I promise to get a pictures up as soon as it stopbeing pissed atme didn't appreciate the move and then switch of light

Deleted User 4
So sorry to take so long, works been rough....I promise to get a pictures up as soon as it stopbeing pissed atme didn't appreciate the move and then switch of light

hmm so you moved the blueberry sea fan recently?? hey I have a question, umm I don't know why but my red sea fan hasn't been opening up with the yellow polyps lately compared to when I 1st bought it, could it be that it's hungry? I don't know what's a good liquid food for sea fans, so I didn't buy food for them yet... do you happen to know what will feed them perfectly? :D

hmm so you moved the blueberry sea fan recently?? hey I have a question, umm I don't know why but my red sea fan hasn't been opening up with the yellow polyps lately compared to when I 1st bought it, could it be that it's hungry? I don't know what's a good liquid food for sea fans, so I didn't buy food for them yet... do you happen to know what will feed them perfectly? :D

Zooplankton is good for nps ...mine goes nuts for Cyclops as well

Deleted User 4
Zooplankton is good for nps ...mine goes nuts for Cyclops as well

ok thanks alot!! well I have some cyclops/zooplank by 2 fishies brand, but it's kind of old, would it still work?? ill try it tomorrow :D and post up those blue sea fan pics asap!! lol

Is this tank drilled in the back with center overflow?I seen one at the LFS but can't stand looking at those pipes.

Is this tank drilled in the back with center overflow?I seen one at the LFS but can't stand looking at those pipes.

Yeah it's drilled out the back unfortunately...I'm not the biggest fan either...but I painted the plumbing and it's tucked away rather nicely. I do have the say the one perk that comes with it is that the overflow is really slim. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Deleted User 4

Hey man, any new updates of your tank? Just last weekend, I was able to get the same blueberry sea fan you have, I'll post pics of them up soon. :D

• 2 months later...

So I greatly apologize for taking so long to get back to you...the gorg was not liking the water parameters for whatever reason so it was relocated to a friends NPS tank for the time being where it is much happier...

So I plan on getting a few new pics of the tank up shortly after a NASTY battle with bryopsis! And I will say Man does H2O2 really do the job!!! It was every where and every thing I did and tried....only made it worse...so I finally broke down drained the tank hosed everything down with peroxide and filled it back up and did a major water change in 3 day the difference was night and day!!!

Here's the before...I'll get some new pictures of the current up tomorrow

IMG_20110718_221012.jpg?t=1312439115

Archived