Behind the tank

274610_42_full.jpg

Intake and returns for the closed loop

274610_36_full.jpg

Return from the fuge

274610_37_full.jpg

Hood, made of 3/8" plywood. 36w PC actinic, 70w MH

274610_34_full.jpg

Here are some pics of the current tank, 5.5 gallon set up for almost 6 months now.

Full tank pic

274610_41_full.jpg

Left side

274610_38_full.jpg

Right side

274610_39_full.jpg

Xenia and Yellow polyps

274610_40_full.jpg

Sorry the poor quality pics, they were taken with an old 1.3 mega-pixel camera. Also, the pics are a little dim, the lighting is only a 13w PC...

I think that looks pretty awesome. If your flow is still too much, you can put a Y fitting on the ends to disberse it more. Also the vinyl tubing... if you use black, algae wil have a harder time growing. Killer setup.

wannabereefer

hope you have some sort of UV filter glass between the light and the tank for the DE halide's. i took out my glass to clean the salt off of it for about 3 min , every single coral looks toasty and took them a few days to get back to normal. my first and last time cleaning with lights on. the glass is very important

Yup, there's a piece of 10x20" UV protective glass that sits on a lip in the hood about an two inches from the water level.

heh, I have a '98 corolla. I figured that would be the easiest place to host the pics ;) USF is my school, University of South Florida

Two different tanks. The first is my new 10g, all I have is the 36w actinic right now, the MH should be here today. The second is my 5.5 gallon, that will be moving into the 10g, that only has a 6500k 13w PC.

USF? That's where I'm going to school in the fall. Still gonna live at home though, only a 15-20 minute drive. The tank looks nice, I just set up my first reef tank a few days ago. It's 30 gallons, and still cycling. Im so anxious to put stuff in it....

USF has really put a lot of plumbing thought and work into this tank, and it shows. I am truly impressed.... And I thought my stupid closed loop was good. :P

Here's a couple new pics, added 18lbs of live sand(2" in the fuge, about 1" in the tank) and 8.5lbs of live rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater

Full tank picture(now I have to figure out how to get a picture without glare on the rocks from the MH)

274610_46_full.jpg

Here's a couple closer pictures of the rock

274610_43_full.jpg

274610_44_full.jpg

And finally, the sand/rubble in the fuge

274610_45_full.jpg

274610_48_full.jpg

USF Nano,

Congrats on the new set-up!

I do have one question though (and I realize its way off the topic). Why did you decide on attending USF? The reason I ask is because in your profile, your AOL IM screen name is GATORFAN ???. Just curious.

Well, I must say that USF is far better than FSU or Miami, so you did do the next best thing in chosing the second best school in the state.:P

-Chris

I love TBS' rock and sand. I like the more natural look of thier sand. The only hitchhikers I've seen were a couple small crabs that are in one of the rocks in the fuge. Plus, the rocks I got are all pretty small, so I was able to make sure there wasn't any manits'(I did see a couple small ones when I was picking out the rock) I did get a pistol shrimp with my first batch of rock from them(when the 5.5g was set up). Very cool little shrimp.

Archived