SaltCritters.com

Potential new nano reefer...ques!

bomon17

Love this forum!!!

Well, I used to have a 60 gal fowlr tank three years ago. Tried to go the cheap route, and ended up with two sea clone skimmers, a hang on back filter with carbon, and a aquaclear and powerhead for movement. The lighting consisted of two dual 40 watt light strips from home depot with two actinics and two 10,000k bulbs. Well, my wife got pregnant and my tank always looked like crap. The stand and hood were DIY and looked well.....diy. My wife hated it because it was an eyesore. I still miss that thing. Years have passed and my beautiful little girl loves nemo with a passion. I liked perculas years ago, so I figured this was a chance to get back into the hobby and attempt a reef! :D

Well, I think I will get a JBJ nano cube because it is very clean looking (wife will like that) has decent lighting, and is small enough to not take up the room like my 60 gal. did. I would like to try a false percula, a royal gramma, and the rest being inverts (clean-up crew) and some mushrooms. I would buy the mini jet 606 and get the package deal from that tampa aquatics place...grr can't remember name where they send you live rock and sand, then send you the clean-up crew and more live rock after the cycle. For water, I am going for the petco catalina bay sea water because I am hoping to prevent the algae issues which ruined the last tank in my wife's eyes.:*( ALso won't ave to worry about mixing, just buying ro water from walmart for top off.

Would just like to know how your nano cubes are holding up, any potential pitfalls, and for any suggestions on them would be great, especially in the mushroom and other type of coral selection.

Sorry so Long!zzz

Oh, and if you think this hobby is expensive, try owning an 81 jeep cj!

Archived