Innovative Marine Aquariums

My not so Nano Reef Tank 72g

IllusionaryDreams

IllusionaryDreams

After finally moving out of an apartment and into a house, I decided to do a full scale tank to go with my seahorse and nano tanks. Just thought I'd share as once the frags start growing I'll be making some new frags for my nanos :)

Tank Specs.

72 Gal Bowfront with Cascade 1000 Canister Filter, 4 - 36 watt PCs (2 blue, 2 daylight), 1 48" 50/50 floresent fixture, 2 powerheads, 1 200 watt heater, 1 100 watt heater.

Tank Substrate

25+ lbs Kalani(sp?) Live Rock, 25+ lbs Tonga Live Rock, 10-15 lbs mixed Live Rock from past tanks. 40lbs Seaflor Special Grade Reef Sand, 20 lbs Aragamax Sand, appx 10 lbs of Gray Cost Calcite Gravel and 12 lbs GARF Grunge

Cleanup Critters

10 blue leg hermits, 10 Scarlet Hermits, 15 Red Tip Hermits, Mixture of about 30-40 snails, 1 serpant Star, 2 horsehoe crabs, 3 peppermint shrimps and a emerald crab

Fish:

1 seabae clown, 1 coral beauty, 1 neon goby, 1 red fire goby, 3 barred dartfish, 1 green chromis

Corals,

Most of the corals are currently a varierty of soft frags including, gorgonias, mushrooms, zoos, polys, gsp, and a few small leathers. Also have 3 ricordias, 1 med colony pale centered zoos, 2 small colonies green polys, 1 small colony orange sun polyps, 1 bubble coral, 1 toadstool leather, 1 feather duster, 1 purple gorgonain, Purple colt coral tree, 2 feather dusters, and a few small mushroom colonies (blue, red, and watermelon striped.

The tanks pretty well filled, just waiting too see how everything grows and fills out.

Heres a full front photo:

IllusionaryDreams

a side view looking up

Ahhh yes I forget to mention I have several forms of macro algea.

shaving bush, fans, and sea grass.

IllusionaryDreams

A little closer

you can see the star fish, when i fist got him he was only about 3 -4 inches tip to tip now almost 18 inches tip to tip.

IllusionaryDreams

and one final view

Did I mention I had a red open brain?

Hope you enjoyed seeing my not so nano reef.

Archived