Top Shelf Aquatics

New 1 liter bowfront

1fish2fish

Ok, as promised in my 1 gallonish bowfront thread here is some pics of the 1 liter I put together tonight. I still have to cut and put together the divider for the refugium and the airlift system for water circulation.

Hehe, oops.

We seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties. I need to shrink my images down a bit. I'll post some a little later today. It's about the height of a pop can.

Stay tuned...

1 more. Beside the 1 gallon from above. I still need to do the divider. I have a plan for a dual airlift system to give me water flow entering at the top and bottome of the tank. I may slow down on this one a bit and concentrate on getting the 1 gallon fully operational. The volumes of these are approximately 1 liter and 1 galon for the whole tank. The refugium takes up about 30% of the total volume.

movingshadow

like I said dood, you are my hero ;) those mini-minibows are the shizznit!!!!!!

what kinda heater are you using in the refugium, I'm still looking for one that will fin in an aquaclear mini for use in my 1 Liter cube...

I have had a tronic 50 watt heater in my aquaclear mini with no problems. The water line isn't quite up to where it says its supposed to be, but I never had any problems with it.

I'm using a hagen 50 watt thermo compact heater. It's actually keeping the temp nice and stable at 78. I like them because the small ceramic portion doesn't continue to heat as long after teh element turns off as the ones in most other heaters.

I'm going to see if I can get a 7 watt heater for the 1 liter. I plan to hook that into a remote temperature controller so that I can at least make sure it doesn't over heat. Failing that I'll be making my own heater and using a remote controller.

Archived