SaltCritters.com

Pocillopora Farming

paradox_of_reef

paradox_of_reef

Ok so after a very profitable set of coral trade-in at my LFS i have decided to start farming a few corals with the eventual hope of supporting future coral buys on home grown trade-ins. I've picked a few corals in general that i will be growing multiple frags of at any given time. I chose pocillopora because i have personally had a lot of success with it, i know i grows rapidly, and i know that moderate sized colonies are worth appropriate amounts of money given the costs of operating this endeavor. I also plan to grow Green Birds Nest in large numbers in addition to a few other corals as i acquire them.

So for starters.... The Equipment:

10gal Aqueon tank

1 koralia Pump

1Aqua Clear 20 filter

1150MH 2xT5(15 inch)

A bunch of live rock and a bunch of live sand

CUC general snails and jazz like that

Here's a pic of the first round of frags

5642128322_3ae9b95f65_z.jpg

I have eight frags here. One will be a source colony, i'll use it to make and grow additional frags as the other mature. One i intend to put into my main tank which is under T5s with the goal of producing some actual evidence for the differences between the two types of lights. The remaining six Frags will be used for my personal gains in this hobby in one way or another.

The main purpose of this thread is so i can personally document my progress in my first attempt at aquaculture. Any questions comments or concerns will be addressed. I'll be back later this week with a set of green birds nest frags. see you then!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived