ReefCleaners.org

7 gal bowfront lighting?

BKtomodachi

BKtomodachi

Hey guys my cichlid fry are out of the 7 gallon bowfront, so its time for my first sw! A nano sounds awesome! I've got all the cycling, lr, ls, water movement, etc. down already, but now I have a question: What can I grow with one 12" bulb that came with it? I have heard that button polyps can do ok in lower light if you feed them bbs, which I can do. Also if I CAN grow anything with a 12" flourescent, then what bulb should I use? Thanks. Future inhabitants are as follows:

two small ocellaris clowns to get a pair

two-three hermits

two turbo snails

birstleworms and micro-stars galore! (well maybe not really)

The reason I dont want to change the lights is that i'm....well broke. If you know of any retrofit lights that I can get for under 30.00 locally, I would be forever in gratitude!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance!

I'd really try to get a 32w retro kit....they will bolt into the stock minibow hood and do much better than the stock bulb which you won't be able to keep much with other than polyps and shrooms. I've seen a few on ebay pretty cheap.....may wanna check there.

Cameron

BKtomodachi

But what I was lookign for was this: Can I grow just zooanthids with one bulb? And if so what bulb would be best. Also, what bulbs do people think makes their saltwater tank look best. For all my african cichlid tanks I just power-glo and I think it is nice, and I like how it is bright.

Archived