Cultivated Reef

What do you think I could keep in a nanocube w/ 50watts PC?

Meloco14

Right now I am adding a 13 watt PC to the existing 24. I found I can actually fit another 13w in there too. Would it be worth my trouble to actually do this? Will the jump from 37 to 50 watts allow me to keep any of the more demanding corals, anemones, or even an easier clam? Thanks

50 watts of light ove a nano cube is a pretty fair amount of light. if nothing else it would give you better polyop extention,and make you corals grow faster, and possibly more colorful. as far as anenonmes go..... you'll get mixed reviewes.

NO carpets. they require alot more light than that, IMO. and they will get to big for you tank. (i have a sebae in my ten but this is only for the next 3 months until my 80 gets a little more seasoned. B) plus i have 120 watts of light over my tank right now. )

you culd possibly keep a Condy or a BTA. if you feed him often to supliment you lighting. but i would keep an anenome in a nano that is younger than 6 months. they really need a more stable environment. also anenome will walk around your tank until they find the spot THEY want to be in. and will not hesitate to wipe out any corals that stand in their way.

you could possibly keep some higher light corls bu i don't think SPS or clams would fare well in thatlighting. but lps such as brian corals and other LPS might. do some research on what you;d like to keep and make edcuated decisions and you should be fine. HTH

Archived