inTank Media Baskets

My new 1 gallonish bowfront

1fish2fish

1fish2fish,

Thats a good job on everything! You beat me cause I used some screws and nails. Didnt have the patience for glue on some parts.

-Saul

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Domino,

Ya, I don't forsee any fish going in this tank. Probably jsut a couple of sexy shrimp to just sit there dancin for me. I made it as a stand alone so there won't be a sump added. It does have the refugium etc in the back 1/3 though. 1 gallon is the total volume of the tank and fuge combined. The viewing portion of the tank is a little closer to .66 gallons or so. I just added some GSP and some more shrooms the other day. The little porites seems to be doing pretty well also. I'm going to have to get some nassarius or something because the one turbo snail I have really likes to bulldoze things. X)

I upped the temp and it now sits at between 79.6 and 80.3 with the lights on or off. The auto topoff is doing an awsome job of keeping the salinity stable. The water in the fuge only drops about 1 mm before it clicks on. That's about 1/2 an ounce max.

so atm the livestock is as follows...

1 porites frag with larger light green polyps (pictured above)

1 porites frag with tiny little forest green polyps

7 small mushrooms 3 species

1 GSP mat about 1"x 1" (small green polyps)

1 GSP mat with only 3 larger plyps (white center)

5 zooanthids

plenty of small red tube worms (calcarious)

1 turbo snail

1 small cowry

2 blue leg hermits

I'm looking forward to finishing off the 1 liter. I think that will be a zoo tank. I plan to build up a nice microrubble mound and get some decent zoo colonies going.

• 2 weeks later...

K, here's a little update.

The algae was taken care of by my clean up crew within 24 hours of my last pics, but I decided to wait until I had a little more to look at.

Finally a closeup of my GSP and what I believe is a species of porites. The "porites" came from a branching colony with very small forest green polyps. If anyone can give me a possitive ID on it that would be great.

Hmmm,

Is it just me or are my pictures getting smaller and smaller?

I might have to watch that or I'll end up posting postage stamp sized pics. :D

They ARE getting smaller! :blink:

Either way, great tank. Seems tanks are getting smaller and smaller nowadays ;)

I remember a friend of mine and I made one out of a dual betta hex and put it under a suspended 250watt MH pendant. I fashioned a ghetto air powered undergravel filter for it, and made an overflow system down to a bucket with live rock, and a pump for water return. Managed to get caulerpa to grow in there no problem...then again, with a 250 watt MH over it, I'm sure we could have grown SPS, too ;)

Archived