Pod Your Reef

Pet Supply Liquidator

realhiphop

I'm looking into ordering lights from Pet Supply Liquidator. I'm hoping those of you who have lights from here can give me some feedback on the lights.....

Thanks

if you lookng true 03 actinic, I definitely recommand you check out hellolights.com. FIY, pet supply liquidator sell blue bulb(not ture actinic). HTH

Well if I decided to order the 2x36 from PSL, couldn't I always order the true actinic 03's from hello light to replace those bulbs at the same time?

You have call PSL about the socket base. I think hellolights.com only sell straight pin base for 36watts' actinic03 bulb. as long the their socket base same, you can get the true actinic from HL.

But as I've said 20 times in the past week, the only real difference between actinic and true actinic is appearance. True actinic will cause your corals to fluoresce a little brighter.

As for photosynthesis, either bulb produces sufficient actinic radiation.

Don't sweat the actinic/blue bulb thing. If you decide you prefer the look of a "true" actinic bulb, you can wait until it's time to replace your existing one.

Nishant3789

their bulbs are relux. i guess you could call them up and tell them you want your bulbs from hellolights. infact i think theyhave a model of true actnics now. the 2X36 watt wouldbe great light for your tank.

nishant

I bought the 23" 55 watt PC light strip from Pet Supply Liquidator & am happy with it. The only thing I wish I would of done was change out the 50/50 with a 10000k bulb ...... I dont know if I like the look of the 50/50 or not. I already have a 50/50 bulb on my NO light strip, so I may just order the 10,000k.

Archived