SaltCritters.com

hairy looking crab

zot1221

yeah but what if it gets as big as one of those snow crabs at Red Lobster and starts gnawing on your fishies? Best to get rid of weird crabs just in case. There are very few that are actually safe. And even then, they are hit-or-miss.

matt the fiddler

keep him but watch closely

seriously. don't go kill everything if you think it might possibly...

if anything quarantine him with some junk frags..lol .. and watch

matt the fiddler

carefull or i will send peta after you

or not. :P

before you kill him, would you mail him to me? i would not mind an extra crab.. specially since i mgiht be getting a sump soon.. he can live there

matt the fiddler

i only got a few in my tank hermints, emerald, and one unidentified.. so not looking to trade. =Þ

but if you were going to be killing it anyways... i live too far for good cheap shipping- find some one in your area to give it to, if not the LFS.. knowign them.. they could sell it as rare for $30

• 2 weeks later...

I had a very similiar crab that ended up attacking one of the blue leg hermits we had. He was a real pain to catch, so I ended up trapping him in a hole in the live rock with a straw. The straw has been there three weeks and no crab. Not sure how long he could live in there though?!?

Took a look in one of my books, and if the rear legs look like paddles watch out. You should dispose of the little bugger ASAP. The book doesn't say EXACTLY what it will do but it does say, "...no a welcome addition to any aqurium".

Look for paddles, paddles bad,

BoboB)

TheEvilbbug

does your book show a red crab with a white band going oround his shell, like the meat in a hamburger sort of pattern? i have one that came in some live rock, never been able to determine what he is doing.

Archived