ReefCleaners.org

two 70 watt mhs over 10 gallon?

offsprg01

ok so here's my idea. over the past two years i have amassed quite a collection of bulbs so i ahve this outlandish plan to put the majority of them to use.

ok so here's my plan.

20 watt atintic on 24 hrs a day. (i find i have better polyp extention and my anenomes seem to do better with this)

photo period would consist of:

1) first 2 hours a second 20 watt atintic would turn on.

2) next hour 2 20 watt 6500k pc's plus both atintics would be on

3) next 6 hours 1 70 watt mh would be on as well.

4) next hour mh would turn off only 6500k's and atintics would be on

5) next 2 hours both atintic only.

6) only one atintic until the next "dawn"

so what do you guys think? i have everything accept the 70 mh already. so i would be thatexpensive.

i'm kinda worried about heat so i'm think 4 fans pushing though an in closed hood to keep tank evap to a minimum and hopefull keep the mh/pc's ambiant heat from heating up my tank.

well i have yellow polyps, gsp, shrooms, flower anenome, and sebea (tobe moved at the end of the summer to the 80 gallon once it stablizes.)

oh but i'd like to keep the neon sps, some lps. maybe a clam. i'm building my tank slow so i can keep things running smoothly and keep my pocket book from getting to thin.

i constantly read up on all sorts of marine animals. i try and make sure to know everything i can beforei go and make a purchase. especially since this is a very expensive hobby and i am a very broke college student. so haveing an expensive livestock die is something i try to avoid.

Archived