Coral Vue Hydros

Jedidad's 29g Biocube (New Pics 12/8/11)

jedidad

some kind of orange zoas

DSC03075.jpg

armor of gods?

DSC03067.jpg

don't know what kind these are

DSC03066.jpg

this rock had about 3 of these when i got it

DSC03062.jpg

jokers maybe?

DSC03065.jpg

some kind of paly's. they spread all over the place

DSC03061.jpg

another shot of the orange ones

DSC03097.jpg

full tank shots

DSC03080.jpg

DSC03081.jpg

DSC03079.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice tank. That mandarin looks nice and fat, and that halymenia has some sweet color.

thanks. nutramar ova is awesome. i checked out your biocube too and i really like it alot. wish i could collect my own specimens like you.

so did you get the clam????

edit: stand corrected lol, only saw page 1, nice clam indeed!

i looked at your tank thread and man you seem to have a thing for mods. too technical for me but i can appreciate all the work you must put into it. couldn't find any shots of your tank though. are there any in your thread and if so what page?

New additions coming tomorrow. Black and white clown to replace the one my brain coral ate and a mckosters flasher wrasse. I will post pics as soon as I can.

LFS didn't get my fish in last week. He says they should be here Monday or Tuesday. I will post pics if I get them.

Here are the pics of my new fish that I promised. First the black and white clownfish

DSC03271.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

LFS couldn't get the wrasse I wanted so I got this Flame Angel. Hopefully it will be a model citizen but I will be keeping a very close eye on it.

DSC03262.jpg

DSC03257.jpg

My new Blasto. Not a very good pic but you get the ideal.

DSC03263.jpg

And a pic of my blue maxima because I can't get enough of it.

DSC03260.jpg

My old clown that lost its mate wasn't too thrilled with my new black and white I added yesterday. I was a little concerned but woke up this morning to them hanging out together on the brain coral that my old ones hosted together. Here's a couple pics.

DSC03272.jpg

DSC03273.jpg

ohai.its.steven.
My old clown that lost its mate wasn't too thrilled with my new black and white I added yesterday. I was a little concerned but woke up this morning to them hanging out together on the brain coral that my old ones hosted together. Here's a couple pics.

DSC03272.jpg

DSC03273.jpg

Aww! they look so cute when they host brain coral! my clown almost started hosting my brain coral too.

Aww! they look so cute when they host brain coral! my clown almost started hosting my brain coral too.

unfortunately that same brain coral ate the original mate for my clownfish

ohai.its.steven.
unfortunately that same brain coral ate the original mate for my clownfish

.........no comment.

.........no comment.

I know it sounds crazy. I didn't witness it myself. the clown dissappeared one night and i had to go to work. while i was at work my wife called and said she could see it inside the brain coral because it was blown up real big and was kinda transparant. i assume the clown must have been sick or something already.

I know it sounds crazy. I didn't witness it myself. the clown dissappeared one night and i had to go to work. while i was at work my wife called and said she could see it inside the brain coral because it was blown up real big and was kinda transparant. i assume the clown must have been sick or something already.

that is crazy !!! can you post updatd fts?

unfortunately i lost my new black and white clown. i guess that will teach me to purchase a fish that i wasn't to sure of its health from the lfs. i had ordered the fish and when i went in to pick it up the day it came in it was resperating real hard. i thought maybe it was just stressed from shipping so i picked it up anyway. got it homw and acclimated it then added to the tank. the fish never stopped breathing hard and i could never get it to eat. I lost the fish after less than a week in my tank and have not seen any other livestock showing any signs of distress. my params are all in order except my nitrates have drifted over 10 ppm but nothing so high that it should have had a negative impact on a fish. i'm gonna wait and get my nitrates under control before i try adding another black and white clown. i'm bummed because i have wanted one for over a year now and finally had gotten one.

Great pics of the Flame Angel.

thanks. i just hope it continues to leave my clam alone. so far so good.

that is crazy !!! can you post updatd fts?

i'm at my inlaws for a couple of days but i will post a new fts when i get home on sunday. not much has changed though. maybe i can get a shot of the flame scallop i have had for about a month now. its always hiding behind the rocks where i can't enjoy it.

altolamprologus

Hey nice setup! How's the harlequin shrimp doing? I've only seen people have these by themselves in species tanks, so it's interesting to see one in a mixed tank. He's not getting picked on or anything?

Hey nice setup! How's the harlequin shrimp doing? I've only seen people have these by themselves in species tanks, so it's interesting to see one in a mixed tank. He's not getting picked on or anything?

harlequin is doing very well. growing fast and eating like a pig. whenever someone gets close to him he chases them away by waving his claws around. really fun to watch this guy. i'm thinking about getting him a mate.

tested my nitrates last week with an old API test kit and it really scared me. It tested at between 80 and 100. I had heard that old API test kits weren't accurate so I ordered a new Salifert Nitrate test kit and tested it yesterday. Luckily it tested at about 7 or 8. I have started dosing vodka because I would like to get my nitrates down to or close to 0 so I can start keeping some SPS.

I talked my my LFS today about the black and white clown dying and he agreed to replace it. It seems he got a bad shipment of them or something because almost all of them have died either at his shop or at customers homes. I'm glad to have an honest person to deal with. So, hopefully I will get a new one in a couple of weeks. I will post an updated fts and pics of my new coco worm tonight or tomorrow.

that looks like a frogspawn to me.

That's what I thought but most of the tentacles have that hammer shape at the end. I still not sure.

Archived