ReefCleaners.org

Green Shroom

speedmullen

speedmullen

I have been looking around different sights and have yet to see anything that resembles this greenish shroom in my tank… The store that sold it to me does not have anybody that speaks English so I’m sort of relying on forums and web research to ID it. This will be true with a lot of things I have in my tank come to think of it! Anybody know this critter? I’ll probably be in this column for a few days posting pictures of my little tank creatures, hoping to ID everything!

Thanks for the help!

Matt

Kuwait

BlackSumbel

I have an elephant's ear, and they don't have the tentacles like that (they have a texture... more... um... not to be obvious, but more like elephant skin. A labyrinth-like texture).

That is -probably- a Rhodactis Sp, of some sort. I've seen these at the LFS , and wondered what they were as well. The ones I've seen were in the 3" - 5" range.

Try doing a search for Rhodactis, either Via http://www.search.aol.com (because there is a specific "Image" tab to click so that you only return the images, with handy thumbnails), or doing a google search for Rhodactis, and narrowing from there.

-Sumbel.

Archived