inTank Media Baskets

clean up crew questions

nanocurious

nanocurious

I was just wondering, would I need a clean up crew in a 7g minibow if I plan on using phosphate remover to keep the algae to a minimum? I f so, what would I need and how many?This is what I'm planning on as far as specs:

7g minibow

14lbs lr

20lbs ls

penguin 170 w/o carbon(from an old tank)

1 clown goby

1 strawberry basslet

green star polyps

blue mushrooms

as far as lighting I am going to try to use a two 32 watt retro fit (w 2 50/50's) or 1x55 watt bright kit ( w 50/50 bulb)(ahs) What do you think?

Yes, you will still need a clean-up crew. They eat leftover food, waste, stir the sand up and eat algae. I'd get a mixture of 5 snails (astreas, margartia, nassarius, cerith - variety is good) and 1 or 2 hermit crabs (blue or red leg). Some have reported that they do best with only snails, but Ilike my hermits. Just provide them with empty shells and they won't bother the snails.

nanocurious

Thanks tempest, I will probably get a clean up crew anyway, but was just curious about what to keep. Thanks for the insight, one more question, do you think that this might be too much of a bioload for that small of a tank, from what I have been reading I don't think so, but I could be wrong! thanks again!

Archived