SaltCritters.com

Coraline Algea

tfink660

Anyone in the philadelphia area that will sell me some Purple coraline? i would like to seed my tank with some to speed up the growth . I will pay for it and pick up if close enough please let me know thanks,

Anyone in the philadelphia area that will sell me some Purple coraline? i would like to seed my tank with some to speed up the growth . I will pay for it and pick up if close enough please let me know thanks,

Anyone lol

i live in philly too have you tried going up to the hidden reef or the fish factory in bristol? they have plenty of it with lots of coraline. Srry i cant spare any rocks in my tank lol.

Magiksurfman

Coraline is one of those algae you want when you don't have but hate when you have to clean up. I personally wouldn't worry about speeding up growth but it does well in conditions you need for other algae and especially hard corals, so make sure your water perams are good, especially check your cal alk and mag levels before you start getting frustrated with why it isn't growing. you don't need much to seed your tank but i recommend you putting it in a high flow area that like your overflow box or in front of your power-head rather than crushing it up dusting it around your tank and having it be sucked up by your skimmer.

Just go to a local LFS and buy a tiny piece of coraline covered live rock out of their bins. Toothbrush it right in the stream of a powerhead into your tank and it will spread on its own. Once it gets in your tank you will never get it out. ;)

Just go to a local LFS and buy a tiny piece of coraline covered live rock out of their bins. Toothbrush it right in the stream of a powerhead into your tank and it will spread on its own. Once it gets in your tank you will never get it out. ;)

yah ive gone to a couple stores.. but nothing of my liking. i dunno i guess ill have to sit and wait it out and hope it starts on its own

Alternatively you could find some corraline-covered snails to introduce to your tank :D This is how it was introduced into my tank.

Archived