Pod Your Reef

API Saltwater MAaster test kit

Mini-Dude

This test kit is great. Easy to use and read and fun!!! Would recommenced it to anyone :D

i have the master reef test kit, and matching up the colors correctly is very tough for me. I never know whether to look down the tube or compare it flat against the white background. Plus, the colors for nitrate 5 and 10 look exactly the same to me, so i never know whats right. I guess the saltwater master kit is easier?

i have the master reef test kit, and matching up the colors correctly is very tough for me. I never know whether to look down the tube or compare it flat against the white background. Plus, the colors for nitrate 5 and 10 look exactly the same to me, so i never know whats right. I guess the saltwater master kit is easier?

Well for me I just set the tube on the colors and see if they match up...I think this method works better...I cant vouch for the Reef Master because I dont own one...I hope someone else can help you out with that

Well for me I just set the tube on the colors and see if they match up...I think this method works better...I cant vouch for the Reef Master because I dont own one...I hope someone else can help you out with that

the ammonia test kit that i have from API is totally inaccurate, but in an easy-to-predict way. a zero reading on my kit is always between the first and second color. mine is always a hint of green, but my elos ammonia test kit reads a perfect zero (as does my LFS).

the number on the top of each bottle indicates the date of creation so you can make sure it's legit. the ammonia kit lasts four years iirc.

so if you think you are "almost no ammonia" for a while have your LFS test the water to see if you have the same issue :D

everything else is great and i am such a nerd that i love testing my water each day :P

Archived