ReefCleaners.org

Eco Pico Reef @ ADG

Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier

We've been working with a Reef Layout we made in one of the new Eco Pico's and the results are attached!

We use 3 of the Eco Pico's light strips (standard stock comes with one) and the stock filter.

However, we do follow a daily regime of a 25-30% water change with an RO/DI purified water mixed with Tropic Marin salt to maintain our own personal philosophy of keeping our water purity as high as possible.

Bear in mind that the stocking choice is fairly temporary - as the fish grow they will be removed to a more spacious environment.

Mostly though, we'd just like to share it for inspiration for other people who are designing their own Eco Pico or cube aquariums!

post-44418-1301694076_thumb.jpg

HecticDialectics

looks fantastic... good ratio of size to amount of corals. Lots of folks can definitely learn from that scape!

Francis Xavier

Jeff Senske is the designer / maintainer of the aquarium and took the photographs, and what will soon be available, video of the aquarium. He deserves all the credit!

Is the stock light all that you guys are using over this? We have one of these set up at the lfs I work at with three light strips and it doesn't seem to be enough light to me. This tank is amazing and those fish look great. Awesome work.

Is the stock light all that you guys are using over this? We have one of these set up at the lfs I work at with three light strips and it doesn't seem to be enough light to me. This tank is amazing and those fish look great. Awesome work.

Stock lighting (just adding strips to the single strip that ships with the tank) has been working great. LEDs I have found are a little different than what we are used to with fluorescent or halogen sources. You can't go by just the perceived "brightness" in the tank to your eyes. We do a lot with LEDs lately and I hear that "it doesn't look bright enough" quite a bit-- but the corals are doing awesome.

I do have a fourth strip I run for a few hours a day, but it doesn't fit cleanly onto the fixture. Everything opens up fully and sems quite happy without it though, so I wouldn't call it necessary.

This photo will actually be used on the new color packaging for the Eco Pico, so it was shot in our studio. I have a video that's about done that will show all the details of the tank.

Francis Xavier
When is the ADA AS New coming in, FXavier?

I want my bags. NOW.

Hey Epic! It'll be available around April 20th.

Archived