inTank Media Baskets

MY I WANT TO BUILD A SWEET 20 LONG BUT NOT BREAK THE BANK THREAD

DreTheReefer

DreTheReefer

;) MY GOAL IS TO SPEND LESS THAN $350.SO HERE IS WHAT I GOT SO FAR. WILL POST A LIST TOMORROW. I JUST WANT TO GET IT GOING.

I ANGLED THE CHAMBERS FOR MORE ROOM TO WORK WITH. I ORIGINALLY WAS GOING TO USE A 10 GALLON TANK BUT GOT A GREAT DEAL ON THE 20 LONG

You used the wrong code from Photobucket.. you need to use the last option when you go to copy and paste.

Mr. Microscope

Here you go. :)

;) MY GOAL IS TO SPEND LESS THAN $350.SO HERE IS WHAT I GOT SO FAR. WILL POST A LIST TOMORROW. I JUST WANT TO GET IT GOING.

I ANGLED THE CHAMBERS FOR MORE ROOM TO WORK WITH. I ORIGINALLY WAS GOING TO USE A 10 GALLON TANK BUT GOT A GREAT DEAL ON THE 20 LONG

IMAG0099.jpg

I USED PVC FITTINGS TO CREATE SOME HOPEFULLY USEFUL CAVES FOR MY INHABITANTS.

IMAG0102.jpg

HERE IS WHAT I GOT WITHTHE BECKETT FOAM. I RAN OUT AND THERE ARE A FEW EMPTY SPOTS U WILL FILL WITH CORAL PUTTY.

IMAG0105.jpg

LOWER LEFT CAVE

IMAG0107.jpg

UPPER RIGHT CAVE

IMAG0106.jpg

Backwerds Man

You should have rubbed a bunch of aragonite onto that poop wall... makes it look less poopy. ;)

Also, why'd you go this route? I know you're tryin to keep it cheap. But you could have gotten an AC110 on Amazon for $60 and fuge modded it. That's what I did til I get my stand built and my sump done.

I mean after buying your crazy poop wall materials, fittings, and a pump you will have probably spent $60 anyways... and also reduced your display area.

Disclaimer: I'm just giving you #### about the poop wall(pun intended). Do whatever you please.

DreTheReefer

first off I'm obviously not done. The wall is curing I'm going to sand down the access tonight and epoxy it and add sand tonight the poop as you call it cost me $11. I like the look of rock wall too. I wanted to build something not just modify an existing.g product. I also wanted an all in one tank unless the tank busts it can't flood considering it Goo.g to be in my living room I didn't want to take that chance . Any other negative comments D!@#?

Backwerds Man

Oh I'm just messin with ya man. lighten up. I'm serious about the fuge modded AC though. It's cheap, works well, and requires less work.

As my disclaimer said... I'm just giving you ####, do whatever you want.

"Any other negative comments D!@#?"

wow....what a D!@%!!!

he was just messin... LOL

and so was i

i really like how you angled the glass pieces! looks nice

so are you gona throw some sand and what not on the poop wall after you sand it down?

or you gona keep it brown?

OP- Have you ever made a wall out of foam? That stuff is AMAZINGLY buoyant. How do you plan to keep it in the tank?

On one of my threads in the Pico section, there is a couple of pictures of a wall I built. With the crushed coral and sand it probably weighed 6 lbs and the thing still floated. Here is the tread, please don't bump it. And yes, I know it looks like ####. :P

Link fixed, LOL

DreTheReefer

I just figured the rocks would anchor it down there are a good amount of them under it. Worst case I try again with more rocks. And yes I plan on adding sand with epoxy to make it stick to the foam. And the whole ac70 route I don't want anything hanging on the tank. Sorry for calling you a d!@#, but that was I crappy comment man.

Nice work with the eggcrate and the overflow. Good DIY!

BTW, your caps lock key was stuck in that first post, or were you just taking your frustration out on the community?? :)

That wall looks just smaller than an airplane seat cushion. And those will float a 250lbs person.

I know its not the same material but just a comparison Maybe you might want to rethink or experiment before you go to fill it up with that in there.Picture are nice. If you have to seal anymore seams try some masking tape. Just like a painter would . Nice clean straight edges. There's a lot of great info on this site and the internet you just need to plan out and then search it out in depth. I just joined here because I had learned so much that I felt like I was stealing something valuable!

Keep up the ingenuity and good luck.

DreTheReefer

Ive seen some threads on RC that did it this way. I also plan on using silicone to attach it to the back wall. If it floats i will try it over with more rocks on the bottom. It kind of sucks i live in a townhouse without a garage or work area and believe it or not we just got snow here yesterday. And i live in Cape Cod. When I first moved here they said we dont get to much snow. Hey like the rest of this hobby it is a learning experience. Plus i want my son to say that he got into the hobby because his dad BUILT him an awesome tank for his 5th birthday. So if i have to end up taking the acrylic apart and using black acrylic oh well.

You should have rubbed a bunch of aragonite onto that poop wall... makes it look less poopy. ;)

Also, why'd you go this route? I know you're tryin to keep it cheap. But you could have gotten an AC110 on Amazon for $60 and fuge modded it. That's what I did til I get my stand built and my sump done.

I mean after buying your crazy poop wall materials, fittings, and a pump you will have probably spent $60 anyways... and also reduced your display area.

Disclaimer: I'm just giving you #### about the poop wall(pun intended). Do whatever you please.

lolz. Can't wait to see it finished. Your tank and overflow area looks cool.

looks good, do your tank how you like it. I have a foam wall on my 20L best thing ever. its like a pod haven, and gives you extra room to stick frags. keep us posted!

DreTheReefer

So I started the epoxy and sand process today. Note to self work fast cause the paint brush turns into a rock in 5 minutes. I'm going to need to buy a few more to finish. But on a brighter note I got an email today my parents ordered me the aquarouche and a reefkeeper for a late birthday present

Finished wall

IMAG0112.jpg

Archived