Innovative Marine Aquariums

JBJ Nanocube Phase 1 is finished...

biggs

Newest Shot of Tank

newest.jpg

Night Shot (older)

moonlight-on.jpg

As of today I am going to leave my Nanocube alone and let things happen on their own. With the exception of frags I quit for a while. Tank's been up for 5 weeks and everything has gone well. An aquascape is in the future. It's really hard to make things fit right in this little tank. Just not enough room to do too much with the pieces of rock I have.

Anyway here's the facts...

JBJ Nanocube with maybe 12 pounds of live rock and 12 pounds of live sand (Arag-Alive.) I modified the filter system by removing all of the media except for one foam block. I then took that block and cut a hole to allow the crap to flow into it in a way that has made cleaning it less messy. A bag of Chemi-Pure is also in the back, along with a 50 watt heater and extra live rock.

Nanocube has had the front light leak problem fixed with some stick-on weather-stripping and has had a 5 bright LED moonlight system modded in. I also cut the sump wall above the top left intake in a rampart fashion so that surface film is reduced. Currently I have the bottom intake blocked using a piece cut from a CD jewel-case. I also drilled a small hole into the spout where the water enters the main tank. Now some of my water shoots to the surface to help with film.

Inhabitants (that I know of anyway)

--------------------------------------------------------

1 False Perc Clown

1 Royal Gamma

1 Coral Banded Shrimp (leaving soon)

1 Emerald Crab (leaving soon)

1 Nassarius Snail

2 Astrea Snails

1 Red-Legged Hermit

10 Blue-Legged Hermits

1 Green Ricordea Frag (3 mouths; reproducing)

1 Orange Button Polyp Frag (growing nicely)

1 Hawaiian Feather Duster

1 Anthelia Xenia Frag

1 Barnacle (indigenous on rock)

Lots of small Feather Dusters (on rock)

Tiny insect looking things in water sometimes

Caulerpa Macro Algea (for nitrates)

DitchPlains

I am going to give it a day to post my Nano Cube pics cause I just added a ###### load of corals to it, a guy nearby my house was having a sale. Good luck with yours, but your doing so good so far might not need it...hehe:-*

Update!!!

First of all sorry I never got a good pic of the gamma. I ended up trading him for a firefish though. The gamma acted funny starting on the day I got him. He also had a nasty habbit of ramming my zoos all day long which means the polyps were always closed. Now that he is gone the polyps are fine.

As I said I added a firefish. For some reason this firefish is very active and swims everywhere. He doesn't hide all the time like I expected. He's great.

I also swapped the coral banded shrimp for a cleaner shrimp. My false perc was trying to host with the CBS. That or he wanted to be cleaned. In any event, the shrimp was agressive about it so I got a cleaner instead.

One of these days I will swap out the emerald crab as I caught him attacking a coral once.

I also re-aquascaped it so that I can now get the magfloat to every spot in the tank. So cleaning is much easier now.

Archived