SaltCritters.com

Anyone up for some thermos trading?

chrisaggie

I have some pretty cool maroon/red zoos and some really cool pinks for trade. I am mainly looking for other red zoos, but other really cool colors are good too, I have other colors for trade also.

Thermos trading involves buying a small thermos, filling it 1/3 with water, dropping a frag in, and shipping it priority mail. The receiver then ships a frag back in the thermos and the owner of the thermos receives the thermos with a frag back. Cheap, easy, and a great way to get new colored zoanthids.

~Chris

Do you still have anymore blue zoos? Do you have a Nano i was just wondering since I saw your BEAUTIFUL tank on BARS andd was just wondering since I am not old enough to drive to the metings. To all of you not in Florida BARS is this http://www.reefers.org/home.cfm

LITTLEFISHEE

I don't have many zoos that I could frag, you probably wouldn't be impressed anyway. It's nearly impossible to get nice zoos here. I do have an orange plate coral that I was going to sell, I'd trade you the plate for some zoos. Plus, I could drive or fly up there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris, are you interested in frags of SPS for your zoos? I have several species I could provide frags of:

purple dig

green dig

brown dig

orange capricornis

purple/green acro

cream/green acro

green hydnophora

I'd be interested in frags of both zoos you pictured at the top. Heck, I'd be interested in other colors too if you have them. email me pics at jason-harris@comcast.net

I have some SPS frags I'd be willing to trade for some zoos or something else. It is a brown acro with light purple tips. It grows great under 130w PC in a 20L. PM me

Guys, I would love to trade for sps. The problem is that you have to overnight sps and I don't have the cash to do those kinds of trades. Thanks for the offers.

~Chris

Originally posted by chrisaggie

I have some pretty cool maroon/red zoos and some really cool pinks for trade.  I am mainly looking for other red zoos, but other really cool colors are good too,  I have other colors for trade also.

Those are cool maroon/reds, what type of lighting are they under when that picture was taken? I have some true reds zoos i could trade you, check out my website.

Thanks,

Steven

I just started my minibow this past year and have little or nothing large enough to frag but if anyone has a large reef and want to send me a tiny frag or two to kick start my collection I would greatly appreciate it. And I am more then willing to send a thermos and pay return shipping. I don’t like asking for hand outs so consider it an investment in a new reefer and a future trader. I will remember and return the favor when I’m able. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Not really to do with the original point of the thread, but hopefully you don't mind Chris.

How long are soft corals ok in the thermos for? Is it ok to send them by normal mail or is it best to go for guaranteed next day?

Archived