Innovative Marine Aquariums

Heat Wave = Nano Chiller?

ladyamanda

Well I got home today from work and found my apartment at about 95 degrees, and the nano up to 90!

Since the SD summer is just beginning, I have the sinking feeling this will continue to be a problem...anyone have any ideas on how to install a chiller into an Alife 7? The internal fan just can't keep up with the heat.

Even now, at nearly 10 pm, the apartment is reading 86 degrees.....

You could put an IceProbe in an aquaclear hob flter. I am not sure how. Do a search and you will probably come up with something.

I agree.. I cant stand a sweltering apt. Use an AC

OR lots of 20 ox sodabottles filled with dechlorinated tap water and placed in the freezer (caps off).

when frozen replace the caps and float in tank. they will cool it VERY cost effectively.;)

If it doesn't work, the Ice Probe is very easy to install on a HOB filter. I put my on a Penguin Mini in about 5 minutes. Just cut a hole in the lid to the filter, pop the Ice Probe in, and secure it onto the lid with the "nut" that comes with the Ice Probe.

You don't need a controller, just run it against your heater (ie. your heater will kick on if the chiller cools the tank down to the temp the heater's set at).

ice probe works fine. if you don't think you will be able to install it yourself, premium aquatics sells them pre-fitted into aquaclear minis. They work real well - the 10 degree pull down is accurate. Mine is on a time to coincide with my lights but I might just leave it on and put the heater back in the tank once I get my refugium set up.

Archived